01 Cobra WTB & info

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
ive been all over the map for what i want next after i sell my tbird SC. ive been marauder hunting (too big), bullit hunting (too close to a GT), lightning/03 cobra (too expensive). then i thought about the 01 cobra. great seats, nice interior, got the good motor etc. im lookin for a black 01 cobra, mint, around 15ish range id say cuz ive seen a mint one going for that. anything out there?

also, why the heck do they sit so damn high? :shrug:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
blk89SC said:
ive been all over the map for what i want next after i sell my tbird SC. ive been marauder hunting (too big), bullit hunting (too close to a GT), lightning/03 cobra (too expensive). then i thought about the 01 cobra. great seats, nice interior, got the good motor etc. im lookin for a black 01 cobra, mint, around 15ish range id say cuz ive seen a mint one going for that. anything out there?

also, why the heck do they sit so damn high? :shrug:

They sit so damn high because Ford borrowed the suspension engineering team from the Bronco prototype project. JK!!!

So why are you going to give up a T-bird for an 01 Cobra? The bird has a better ride and is a very cool car... especially in black. If you are looking for something that is lighter on its feet, I can understand that. But I like birds and they can be made to haul ass!!!

15k for a mint COUPE 01 is fairly reasonable, depending upon geographic area and time of the year. If I come across one, I will shoot you an email.

RoyWoods

Established Member
I've got one (one owner, 4,200 miles, never raced (at least not yet), lots of modifications, but still have every stock part if wanted/needed, etc.), but IMHO, $15K is too low. I think $17K is closer to FMV, for what your looking for.

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
RoyWoods said:
I've got one (one owner, 4,200 miles, never raced (at least not yet), lots of modifications, but still have every stock part if wanted/needed, etc.), but IMHO, $15K is too low. I think $17K is closer to FMV, for what your looking for.

black? i say 15 beucase theres a MINT lookin one on cardomain sittin at 37K miles goin for 16obo....and i did a kbb.com run and it says around that range. 4200 miles is really low so high 16s to 17 seems fair. theyre ****in wicked cars, i just wnated something with that 32V 4.6.

are there "pinging" problems? one review on edmunds just bashed the car cuz it pings apparently.

spyne

Established Member
Mine's never pinged. Runs quite nicely if you ask me ;-)

I paid 16K 3 months ago w/22K on it. I'm just outside of DC and they seem to go for a bit more around here than they do in other areas. You could probably do better depending on where you are.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
brkntrxn said:
They sit so damn high because Ford borrowed the suspension engineering team from the Bronco prototype project. JK!!!

Yeah, I get a lot of shit over the 4x4 style in my local club. That should be fixd this spring when the H&R's finally go on. Apparently the deal on the ride height has to do w/ the Ford engineers wanting the car to be able to accomodate chains and snow tires . . . :nonono: :bash: :burn:

Last edited:

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
is the hood functional on the 01 cobras like it is on the 03/04 cobras heat extractor hoods? this was another nice feature i liked. i HATE the GT hoods with the obviously FAKE hood scoop. errrrrr

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread