01 Cobra Wont Crank

01 Venom

Established Member
its kind of embarrassing, what happened was on the inter cooler manifold is those two nossels that carry coolant in and then out of the intercooler. Well one of those o-rings was mangled and we didnt catch it before we installed it. When I fixed my intercooler pump the other day it pumped two gallons of coolant/water into my lower intake and hydro-locked the motor.

needless to say i ripped it all apart, wet dryed the whole lower intake, pulled the plugs out hit the tops of the cylanders, dropped the oil. Tonight we will put her back together run her for a bit, drop the oil again and see how it goes.

01 Venom

Established Member
yes youre right could have been alot worse. I could have drove around all day with water pouring in heh.

We got new o rings for it now, cleaned it out. She should be fine

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
awesome man. i was a little scared at first, i'm not going to lie....any idea when you're getting it tuned? or do you still have a few small things to work out?

01 Venom

Established Member
you were scared? lol ya its all good, it would appear no harm was done. It didnt run like that so....

Actually Jim Stiegemeier sent me a tune and its the car already. So I am just gonna take her to a local Dyno and see how se does and if its safe.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
awesome sounds good! definitely get her checked out before getting on it....i know the timing was a little high on the first dyno pull.....

Users who are viewing this thread