01 Cobra will not idle high at start

dwmarengine13

I have a 2001 Cobra with the stock 4V and several Mods. It runs great and drives great, however, whenever I start it up it will jump up to about 2000 RPM on turnover and immediately fall down to about 200 RPM or die. I have to give it throttle and hold the RPM up to keep it running, but once running it runs fine. I have already replaced the idle air control and throttle position sensor as well as putting new Motorcraft plugs gapped at .50 and MSD COPs on the car. Does anyone have any ideas as to waht may be causing it not to idle properly at start. Thanks in advance for any responses.

MickeyD

Established Member
I guess first off, what are the mods? As this will give some insight of things to check. Also do you have a tune on the vehicle and a tuner?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
It is still something with the IAC,
That is what controls idle.

The TPS also should be close to .98v at closed throttle position on the middle wire.

dwmarengine13

It has a C&L inlet tube with Spectre filter, BBK twin 65mm TB, Spintech X pipe and Flowmaster catback with a custom tune on SCT tuner.

%5CUsers%5CAdministrator%5CDesktop%5CCobra%20and%20mustang%5CCobra%20motor%20web.JPG

MickeyD

Established Member
Trying the stock Tb like Stampede is suggesting isn't a bad idea. Also is the Spectra CAI new or has its filter been re-oiled lately? If so its possibly the MAF sensor is dirty and needs to be cleaned. Start with the simple things.

Users who are viewing this thread