01 Cobra Will 18x10 285s fit on all fours?

Newwt

I want to keep the same size tire on all corners, but would like to stuff as much rubber under the car as I can. If they dont fit would modifications need to be taken place, maybe fender roll and spacers?

pbeechner

Established Member
No. Due to the fitment in the front, the widest wheel you can fit is 9 inches wide.

If you're concerned about handling, our cars handle well with a little wider rubber in the back than the front.

If you really want to keep the rubber as close to the same on the front and rear, do 18x9 fronts with 275 tires and 18x10 in the rear with 295 tires.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
2000 Cobra R models came equipped with 18x9.5 at all four corners, though I believe the tires they ran on those from the factory were 265/40-18. As stated above, the best bet for running 18's on a New Edge are going to be 18x9/10 staggered. If you want the same size so that you can rotate, go with 18x9.

shurur

Established Member
I thought 265 was the best we could do with our front control arms..where as the terminators had wider wheels and a different front control arm and came with 275s in the front...

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
I thought 265 was the best we could do with our front control arms..where as the terminators had wider wheels and a different front control arm and came with 275s in the front...

I've got 275s in front on mine, no issues at all. The 315s in the back will sometimes rub on my fender though...

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
American Muscle sells there wheel and tire package with 4 18x9's on 275's all the way around. +30 offset and 5.94" backspaceing, dont quote me on the backspacing I looked it up earlier at work and forgot to post.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Depends on what you want to do with the car. Into handling?...go
same size front and rear. 18x9s for show...17x9s for go. If you are going to corner carve like a mofo...17s are cheaper to replace. Same size all around so you can rotate 'em. Big meats in the back will exacerbate push...not good for handling. Big meats in the back if you prefer stoplight to stoplight fun...or simply like to impress...with your big meats in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread