01 Cobra VS Trans am

fredlarson

Established Member
So I just put on my new performance tune and decided to take the car out for a test drive that night, I have my wife with me just out toying around and we pull up beside this dark blue trans am at a red light. I look over at him and he just smiles. I hold my car right at 2700 rpm's and release when the light turns green. I was spinning through first and second (Need better tires) but i was still slightly ahead, slammed it in third and went to the rev limiter (I didn't know they had put a 6000 RPM rev limiter on it and i had'nt checked it like a dumbass) by then I was almost a car lenght ahead. Then at the top of fourth I was almost one and a half ahead and let off of it. I then told my wife that i needed to go clean myself up before we go to the store.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
who the hell put s a6K limiter on a 4V tune?

anyways good kill...sounds like you ran into a lightly modded one
wait the the weather gets better next time though...cold pavement is not a good racing environment...then again niether is the street but oh well...good kill anyhow

fredlarson

Established Member
I have a bama tune and they alway go really conservative for the morons out there. and they didnt mention anything about it when i was talking to them on the phone bu now i know and have gotten that taken care of.

cpSTACK

Established Member
I don't get it, right at the end out if nowhere you say you had to go home and clean yourself up. Did you crap your pants or just jizz in them because you were so into the race?

Just kidding man, couldn't resist, nice kill.

arc00ta

Established Member
Good kill. How much power are you making? My 99 with similar mods and a set of 555R's would dead-hook on the street from 3k drop, made for a great red light racer.

cpSTACK

Established Member
Good kill. How much power are you making? My 99 with similar mods and a set of 555R's would dead-hook on the street from 3k drop, made for a great red light racer.

His 410s might be just enough to make him spin a little more than your 373s do.

fredlarson

Established Member
Not sure of the numbers yet i def need to get it on a dyno but there are still some more things i would like to do to it before i get it on one. The Shitto 555's wouldn't hook cause of the cold pavement and salt and even in perfect conditions they still spin a little bit. It didnt matter though cause i am sure the trans am was spinning as well.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Should be able to change the rev limiter with your SCT hand held..or diablo..although I have never used a Diablo.

Hope Bama tunes left those end user parameters unlocked for you.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Nice run man!

BTW..+1 on the 6K rev limiter. I belive my custom SCT tune is set for 7K. I am not 100% sure of the N/A Cobra motors but the MACH does not make more power after 6K but it does not die off either. It basically remains flat until about 6300 and then it begins to drop off. However, it is good idea to shift it at the higher rpm so that when the clutch is re-engaged, the motor will still be at a good rpm and making power again.

Be careful though, some of those LSX motor can be stout with just a cam and downright nasty with H/C/I and a shot of NOS. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread