01 Cobra vs Evo 8/240sx w SR20

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
I was cruising in the slow lane minding my business when an Evo8 comes roaring into my rear view mirror after swapping lanes 4 times :nonono:. I didnt want to bite since I figured any mods at all and I'd be toast(U/D pulleys, Catback, Intake)- plus I just bought the car a few weeks ago. Well my ego got the better of me and I downshifted to 3rd...dropped the hammer as he is still riding my ass. Needless to say try as he might he couldn't keep up so I shut it down at 100 from a 60-65ish punch. (He wasnt worth the 101+ as that's 2 pts and automatic 6 month suspension in Ca). I'd say I held a healthy couple car lead up to 100. Then he of course did the classic fly by once I shut it down.

The race vs the 240 wasnt much of a race, quick little roll from 15... was in over in seconds. He went his way, I went mine, thumbs up exchanged etc.

Last edited:

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
nope

Nice kills! Is your Cobra stock?

Nope: U/D Pulleys, Intake, Catback, Short Shifter, Springs, CC plates, Tune. For now at least :rolling:

I really want some rims though, maybe 17x9 stockers, then paint them black! I like the Mineral Grey w the blacked out look.

Any suggestions on what I can do to really wake up my baby? As far as a BBK throttle body, would that even be worth buying? I know gears is a must, but to be honest with gas going up so much I'm not sure right now is the right time to go that route. Thank you in advance guys. PS if any of you fellow 01 Cobra guys is in Socal PM me I'd love to go check your cars out. :beer:

Last edited:

JDrake

Established Member
Next thing i would do would be long tubes theyre the best bang for your buck. and dont bother with the throttle body, its not worth the money. I still have stock gears and i dont mind them, im at the tail end of 3rd gear at the trap right in the power band... when i was n/a. What are your plans for the car?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Awesome! Representing the 2001 Cobras! The most unappreciated of all Cobras.

Good kill OP.

I have to agree about being unappreciated and i also think we are underrated. People just think we are GT's with badges. lol

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
hmm

Next thing i would do would be long tubes theyre the best bang for your buck. and dont bother with the throttle body, its not worth the money. I still have stock gears and i dont mind them, im at the tail end of 3rd gear at the trap right in the power band... when i was n/a. What are your plans for the car?

How much would I gain with a good set of longtubes? I'm assuming Id lose a little HP in for TQ? What if Im getting the throttle body and a intake for cheap(both are BBK)? As in, is it even going to do anything worthwhile? My buddy "says" it woke up his car. Says its ported 65mm or something like that. Im wondering why he took it off his car when he got supercharged(Vortech).

JDrake

Established Member
How much would I gain with a good set of longtubes? I'm assuming Id lose a little HP in for TQ? What if Im getting the throttle body and a intake for cheap(both are BBK)? As in, is it even going to do anything worthwhile? My buddy "says" it woke up his car. Says its ported 65mm or something like that. Im wondering why he took it off his car when he got supercharged(Vortech).

normal gains from long tubes alone is 25-30rwhp and you can find brand new MAC ceramic coated LTs for $460 i believe. With full exhaust and cai i made 330/329. I dont personally have any experience with new intakes but ive always heard that its not worth it... unless blown.

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
normal gains from long tubes alone is 25-30rwhp and you can find brand new MAC ceramic coated LTs for $460 i believe. With full exhaust and cai i made 330/329. I dont personally have any experience with new intakes but ive always heard that its not worth it... unless blown.

I would kill to have your numbers! 330/329... *drools*

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
hmm

good kill bud! would've been nice if you guys wouldve went toghether side by side but races cant be perfect.

I gave him every chance to as I was going super slow until he wouldn't get off my ass. So I said ok he wants to play like that then let's see if he can keep up
.I think it would have been 2.5 cars side by side up to say 130. All I know is I was in my sweet spot because man did I get a strong thrust.

Last edited:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
i hear you. i hate people like that.

i always get people that want me to chase them down weaving in and out of traffic like morons...

last week i was trying to get an SRT8 to race and everytime i tried to edge close to him to ge an even start he wud just mash the gas and cut across four lanes and be gone...no honks or anything...
...after four times of playing like that, i gave up and just shook my head at him... :nonono:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ lol i can see that happening.

majorownage

yep
Established Member

You crazy?!?!

LT's are not worth jackshit

Users who are viewing this thread