01 Cobra vs. 06 GTO

cman23

Established Member
First let me start by saying my buddy just picked up his 06 gto yesterday, and its going to be a fun summer. On to the story...
I met up with my friend last night at an undisclosed location of an undisclosed US Route. He finally bought a car and it was time to cruise. His bone stock 06 gto 6 speed and my 01 Cobra with CAI and Borla Stingers (so far) as well as 315s out back. We decided to go from a roll at 35 first. As we both punched it he jumped out quite a bit (my guess is because his 2nd gear is shorter than mine, and therefore my revs were lower) and then we stayed pretty even, with my nose near the middle of his door, until he had to shift to third and i had a bit more, and i pulled almost even, then he started to pull and was ahead by about a fender and door when we shut down at about 100. Naturally he had to talk $hit so i asked him if hed be willing to go from a dig, and he agreed. Somehow we caught the next light red. We launched pretty evenly, i was ahead by about half a fender (thank you 315s) and we both shifted flawlessly into second and i started to pull a little, then he had to shift into third and i gapped out to about fender and full door advantage. I pulled ever so slightly and shifted pretty well into third and maintained my advantage, most of my door and fender until we shut down around 90. Effectively putting an end to his talking.

An after note for any of you who are interested:
We both have plans for full exhausts in the near future, im planning on going with Kooks LTs and a Kooks X pipe (3'' to 2.5"), unsure as to what he is planning and he plans to cam his car as well.

boduke0220

Established Member
Good race man! My friend killed one by about 2 cars in his mach with UDP's, intake, and tune but it was auto

SlowLNF

Established Member
Good runs. This means a great summer every summer for you.

My friends just talk about getting fast cars and never do it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread