'01 Cobra vs. '03 GT

YeahItsAHemi345

Saving for the Cobra
Established Member

Orlandostang

Established Member
His car is pretty fast for a GT, but we need to get to the strip one of these days to find out for real. OSW doesn't reopen for street drags untill the 11th, so we'll have to plan something at the end of the month.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Some GT's are freaks.

My 2002 certainly was. with a drop in k&n, midpipe and catback it consistantly went 14.7-14.80's@96mph at Bandimere speedway. This with shitty 2.3 60's

To give you some kind of perspective, most WS6 and SS F-Bodys and your average vettes run around 14.60@96-98 mph at Bandimere.

What the hell kind of GT with only exhaust keeps up with LS1 cars?

Last edited:

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Torch10th said:
Some GT's are freaks.

My 2002 certainly was. with a drop in k&n, midpipe and catback it consistantly went 14.7-14.80's@96mph at Bandimere speedway. This with shitty 2.3 60's

To give you some kind of perspective, most WS6 and SS F-Bodys and your average vettes run around 14.60@96-98 mph at Bandimere.

What the hell kind of GT with only exhaust keeps up with LS1 cars?
Yeah his car is pretty quick for a bolt on GT. It also has a 50 shot that is not hooked up yet because it has no tune yet.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Is he running a dry shot or something?

With a 50 wet no tune would be needed.

Hell you could probably even get away with no tune on a 50 dry shot pre-maf. Though I wouldn't recomend that.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
so wait, your saying that GT walked away from that 01 cobra like that...and the 01 cobra is blown?????????

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
He had to be spraying. I walk my friends 02 GT and he's got basic bolt one's and I'm stock.

Eric nice to meet you last night.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Rick James said:
so wait, your saying that GT walked away from that 01 cobra like that...and the 01 cobra is blown?????????
No way dude that was me walking the GT, and my car is not blown, but it would be nice.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
oh the blue with the cobra front fascia?
Thats the one. I have raced him about 20 times in the past 2 months and he just keeps taking one beating after another, he wont give up. And at the end of the first vid that was the silver 04 terminator that flew by at about 140mph.

Last edited:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
cobra2798 said:
No way dude that was me walking the GT, and my car is not blown, but it would be nice.

ok, I must be confused, cuz the guages in the camera car looked like GT guages to me and the fog lights on the car that got raped looked like cobra fogs. :shrug: Vid was too dark to make much out though. Also, when the other car flies by at the end of the 1st vid, I definitely hear a blower...unless he has had a gear install go horribly wrong. :poke:

Last edited:

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Rick James said:
ok, I must be confused, cuz the guages in the camera car looked like GT guages to me and the fog lights on the car that got raped looked like cobra fogs. :shrug: Vid was too dark to make much out though. Also, when the other car flies by at the end of the 1st vid, I definitely hear a blower...unless he has had a gear install go horribly wrong. :poke:

The camera was in my car and the fog lights on the Gt might look like that cause its got a cobra front end on it. The fly by car is board member silverbullit04, here are his mods, the car is bad ass

04 cobra, flowmaster exhaust with o/r x-pipe, ported blower, t/b, and plenum, JLT cai, 2.8 upper pulley, fluidyne h/e, upr short shifter, denso iridium plugs, 95mm mass air, nitto dr, sct xcal2, soon to have 4# lower pulley, mcleod clutch, dss level 2 half-shafts, irs diff cover brace, and 4.10 gears, with custom tune

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
good lord! a 500rwhp combo with 4.10's. Does he have traction...at all?

I made 460 in my previous 03 and with stock gearing traction below 80 was sketchy at best. 1st gear utterly useless.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Torch10th said:
good lord! a 500rwhp combo with 4.10's. Does he have traction...at all?

I made 460 in my previous 03 and with stock gearing traction below 80 was sketchy at best. 1st gear utterly useless.
After he heats up the nitto's he may have some.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
i really dislike putfile. Could barely view it and it keeps stopping :/

Nice runs tho, I ran my gf's GT vert a few times :D

Users who are viewing this thread