01 Cobra Vortech Kurgan Tuned!

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Finally done (basics) and broke in the new forged built engine. I waited for Kurgan to arrive in SoCal to do the dyno tune in person. Really cool guy and knows his stuff like there's no tomorrow.

Running the stock 3.6" sc pulley and stock lower size balancer. Dyno to 7000 rpms (built for 8000+)

602 rwhp SAE on 8lbs w/91 :banana:

Happy with the powerband and numbers as for ONLY 8#'s of boost its very efficient.
Cant wait to get the rest of the 8 rib pulleys and do the conversion and go for ~20#'s of boost (rated to 30# though).

[video=youtube;-3zGjq_bNZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3zGjq_bNZs[/video]

Last edited:

sonicobra500

Established Member
Wow OP, sounds Amazing!!!! Can't believe your putting down 602rwhp on 8lbs!!! LOVE how conservative the boost is and Damn Good Numbers!!! What engine do you have in there?

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Thanks guys!!! Its been a long and bumpy road but finally after 2 years of parts gathering, short block starting and then another 3 years of it being completely down with blown engine and rebuild "issues" the re-rebuild is finally done after a total of 5+ years!! :)

Build highlights: Teksid block, 04 Cobra crank, oliver billit I beam rods, Diamond forged aluminum valve relieved pistons, Comp stage 3 cams, full Bassani exhaust and a Vortech Ysi

@sonicobra500, previous pull was 555 with 5 lbs of boost

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Are the heads ported a ton as well as the intake? Crazy numbers on 8lbs, nice!
Thanks! Light port on the heads stage 1 and the intake manifold is not ported at all. Just EGR deleted. I previously had a ported one but with the SBTB it was giving me idle issues so I replaced it with a stock manifold, had it egr permenantly deleted and polished and threw on a twin bore tb.

Bad ass! Post some more pics of your car.
Thanks! :)

Sure let me find a couple

Carbon Driven

Established Member
attachment.php

attachment.php

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
That's coyote territory horse power at that boost level. What compression is it running? The heads must flow amazing.

Mach828

Established Member
That YSI is doing work. Great numbers OP. What is the part number for the blower. I am planning on buying one and running a wastegate on the stock motor.

Post a pic of the dyno graph. What was the peak torque and rpm?

Carbon Driven

Established Member

Carbon Driven

Established Member
What fuel system are you running?

Running a return setup. Fore billitt hat with triple walhbro 255's, fore fuel rails, aeromotive regulator with 60# injectors.

I need to upgrade the injectors when I do the 8 rib conversion too. Just more money pouring out of my wallet :( lol

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
That's crazy. I made 620 at 8.5 lbs with 11.1 compression on 93 octane. That thing bust be moving air extremely efficient. My blower is close to a ysi so it's comparable. That dynos might be a bit happy to be honest. Not hating or anything the car is gorgeous and I love the setup but the power seems really to good for the amount of boost. Maybe is just a perfect build lol. I really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread