01 Cobra taillights to GT

Hunter9003

Established Member
I need help on the wiring harness. I understand there different but what do I buy to make this work as well as keep the third brake light, etc. Which specific GT harness? And yes mine are cracked and I have no choice, just looking for quick help. Thanks!

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
You can do it but it will take some time. You will need a new flasher relay, you can keep your third brake light, and you will have to do some rewiring. There is a page on mustangworld.com that can help you get a good start. Good luck.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
So you're trying to install regular gt/v6 tails on your cobra? If so, just drill a hole the size of the turn signal socket into the gt/v6 tails and be done with it. You'll still retain the same function of the extra turn signal like you did in the 99-01 tails without having the headache of having to rewire everything.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I'm sure someone would swap harnesses with you in a heartbeat to get 99/01 OEM ones right? Then add the flasher setup I guess?

shurur

Established Member
so you're trying to install regular gt/v6 tails on your cobra? If so, just drill a hole the size of the turn signal socket into the gt/v6 tails and be done with it. You'll still retain the same function of the extra turn signal like you did in the 99-01 tails without having the headache of having to rewire everything.

+1

file down the nub in the center of the (do not use) corner socket area.
drill a pilot hole
drill out with 1" hole saw,
use a set of small files to cut notches for the turn sgnal socket to fit through
go slowly on the filing..checking fit as you go.

looks good and is someting a little different.

Last edited:

Hunter9003

Established Member
Thanks guys, I actually found one for 100 bucks on "car-parts.com" and shipped it here, intern cheaper then a swap. Good info tho!

Users who are viewing this thread