01 cobra steeda undrive pulleys

svt_cobra01

Established Member
i purchased a 01 cobra that came with steeda's undrive pulleys, ive seen a post on here that said a oil pump blew up because of these on a 4v. Can these really do that just from undriving the accessories? If so would it be safe to say they need to be taken off?

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I had them on my car for 50K miles with no problems. I only took them off because I eaton swapped.

You'll probably never have a problem but you have to decide if the small chance of losing your engine is worth 5 HP.

trxcobra

Established Member
You should be OK if you don't wind it out to redline often.
However, I wouldn't risk it for the small gain in power... I speak from experience as I actually did suffer a blown oil pump/motor from UDP's in my '99 years ago.

ATI damper for me now - built motor and 7600+ RPMS :)

svt_cobra01

Established Member
I had them on my car for 50K miles with no problems. I only took them off because I eaton swapped.

You'll probably never have a problem but you have to decide if the small chance of losing your engine is worth 5 HP.

good info thanks, im not a speed demon or anything i daily my cobra and occasionally get on it from time to time. i NEVER red line my car the highest i take it to is 6,500. i can feel the difference with the pullies and i really dont want to remove them so ill keep them on you have convinced me.

FIREBALL

Established Member
How can you feel the difference if you bought the car with the pulleys installed. And usually for most cars you will not feel the HP increase for any increase under 12--15 hp and even at a 15 hp increase it is hard to feel for most drivers other than psychological/placebo. For me even a tiny amount of risk is not worth the 5 hp.

Users who are viewing this thread