01 Cobra Parasitic Draw

Tristan9130

I need help with a 0.66 amp parasitic draw. The Alternator is charging and I have had the battery tested multiple times. I have let the car sit for hours before starting tests.

These are the steps I've already tried.
1. I unhooked the alternator and it's the same.
2. I unhooked aftermarket radio and amps and it's the same.
3. I unplugged every fuse under the hood and the only one that changed anything was the PCM on which took it to 0.
4. Then I unplugged every fuse inside and the only one that changed it was #39 for the GEM and it went from 0.66 amps to 0.45 amps.

I have already cut the black/white wire going into the GEM as stated as a fix years ago and the problem still persists.

Any help is appreciated.

MG0h3

Established Member
Interesting.

Even with the Gem fuse out you’re still over what is considered acceptable of .25A.

The .45A that’s going on with the PCM is what I’d be concerned about although I wouldn’t even know where to go other than assume the pcm is the issue since all fuses were out.

Is there something that can draw through the PCM that isn’t fused?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tristan9130

Interesting.

Even with the Gem fuse out you’re still over what is considered acceptable of .25A.

The .45A that’s going on with the PCM is what I’d be concerned about although I wouldn’t even know where to go other than assume the pcm is the issue since all fuses were out.

Is there something that can draw through the PCM that isn’t fused?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I'm not to sure on how to go about checking that, to my knowledge I had nothing aftermarket installed through the PCM fused circuit.

shurur

Established Member
Is anything connected to the cig lighter?
Maybe a speedcal?...radio?
12V is constant, not switched, on the 1996-1999 cigarette lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread