01 Cobra, newbie questions

BigRigTech

Blue blooded
Established Member
I ordered a Ford racing adjuster, $71 from my local source. I want to drain and flush the transmission...What is the preferred oil to use in it and how much? The owners manual is missing from my car.:rollseyes

Wabish

Established Member
Sir you must be confused, True Blue is by far the best color. :-D

Mineral Grey ftw! :rockon:

OP: Great looking car very clean. JLT is definitely the way to go when it comes to a CAI as previously stated. Also, as for the o2 sensors, you can turn the rear o2's completely off with a handheld tuner, however if the car did not come with a tuner, I would plug the scanner that you have up and make sure someone didn't remove the CEL bulb. It's been known to be done by some people. I'm not sure of the logic behind it, out of sight out of mind? Terrible logic if you ask me.

BigRigTech

Blue blooded
Established Member
The CEL is working normal, the rear O2 sensors must be turned off or fudged somehow as they don't read on my scan tool. My buddy said he would MVI it without the cat's so I'm good to go on Wednesday to get her road legal and plated.

It would appear that it has a Steeda tri-axe shifter....I find it kinda ignorant but I guess why spend good money to replace it.

029.jpg

I changed the oil and poked around some more tonight...Next up is to remove the pass door panel and figure out why the power lock isn't working....It makes noise but doesn't move the rod....Probably off the mount or something....Is there a trick to removing the door panels on these so I don't wreck it?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
The Cobra looks to have been looked after well for the past ten years. +1 on trying a heat gun to remove the letters. Some fresh two sided tape and a straight eye will have the bumper looking better in no time.

BigRigTech

Blue blooded
Established Member
I'll give it a shot but I can see the paint moving on the "C" when I even touch it lightly...There are a couple spots on the front bumper with "blisters" in the sharp corners....I took it for a little drive tonight, the more I drive this thing the more I love it.:rockon:....It's going to be hard to control my spending on the suspension upgrades....I like how it hugs the road but I can only imagine what it would be like with some stock stuff upgraded....Have you lowered your car? I'm worried that if I do lower it I will end up with troubles on the rough friggin roads around here.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
PEI's roads are no better. Lowering springs were my second mod and I used either the Eibach pro or sport line kit for mine.

BigRigTech

Blue blooded
Established Member
PEI's roads are no better. Lowering springs were my second mod and I used either the Eibach pro or sport line kit for mine.

Any issues with your exhaust scrapping? How much did it lower the car? The previous owner put a new Flowmaster cat back system on the car and it already had a front x-pipe with no cats...It hangs quite low and this is why I'm cautious on getting a lowering kit.

Users who are viewing this thread