01 Cobra Motor Worth Buying?

Blitz34

Established Member
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but I have the chance to pick up an 01 cobra motor for a couple hundred bucks. Reason is it threw a rod through the block. This in mind, it holds compression and does not lose oil pressure. What is it realistically worth together, or parted out? No accessories just the main motor.

Block is bad obviously, but what do these parts usually go for?

Heads
Cams (exhaust)
Cams (intake)
Intake upper
Intake lower
Throttle body
Valve covers
Rods ( remaining 7)
Pistons ( remaining 7 maybe 8th)
Crank

Just seeing if its worth buying. Like I said it runs, holds compression, and doesn't lose oil pressure.

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Rods and pistons are junk. The crank is about $300-400, if it is in good shape. Upper/lower Intake is around $400 including the throttle body/sensors/injectors, and the heads are somewhere around $500 fully assembled.

Blitz34

Established Member
Well I know the block is garbage but remaining cylinder parts and top half is good to my knowledge. I could likely get it for $400 and piece onto a new block or start a build based on the left over good stuff.

Blitz34

Established Member
I'm just as stumped as yall. I figured this thing wouldn't even turn over, much less run. But this is what I have been told and theres no reason for him to lie to me. He doesn't even know I want it. He expected me to help him part it out at some point over a month ago.

Blitz34

Established Member
Only picture he sent me. I plan to run out there and get some more pics today or tomorrow.

4e7ypyse.jpg

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If I were looking I'd pay no more than,

200 Crank
300-400 intake
400 heads.
And it better be in good shape and I NEED the parts.

Blitz34

Established Member
If I were looking I'd pay no more than,

200 Crank
300-400 intake
400 heads.
And it better be in good shape and I NEED the parts.

I gotcha. Essentially, I only want the intake cams for my mach. However, I have another friend who messed up something in his top end and will sell me his teksid block cheap. I'm thinking build that block, use the heads and other parts from the 01 motor, scrap the block.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I gotcha. Essentially, I only want the intake cams for my mach. However, I have another friend who messed up something in his top end and will sell me his teksid block cheap. I'm thinking build that block, use the heads and other parts from the 01 motor, scrap the block.

If you need just the Cams I have some I just pulled out of my Motor and only have 53k on them :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread