01 cobra motor in 01 GT wiring issues

Bullitt4691

Established Member
So I need to buy a new engine harness but Im unsure of which I need to buy. I have a 2001 mustang bullitt GT that has a 2001 cobra motor in it. I am running a chipped mustang GT ecu, with a modified mustang GT engine harness. My current engine harness is on its way out and I wanted to know if I bought a 2001 cobra harness, would it plug into my exist mustang GT connectors. Or do you think I should buy another mustang GT harness and just modify it again?

gotboost?02

Boosted
Established Member
a buddy of mine did the same in a 00 gt and im pretty sure the 01 cobra harness pluged right in....ill try and get a hold of him and find out for sure

gotboost?02

Boosted
Established Member
i take that back he did have to change a few things and he doesnt remember everything sry i couldnt help you out completley GL

svtnotch

Established Member
dash engine and body harness are different i would change it all... its not bad and will run right

spike_africa

Established Member
What did you mod to run the 4v, the wiring to the coil on plugs? because if thats all you did then just get a new 01 gt wiring harness and mod it again. That is what my friend is doing with his 00 GT with 4v swap. Using GT wiring and ECU to run the 4v.

Users who are viewing this thread