'01 Cobra is a piece of crap?

Yellow Horse

Established Member
'01 Cobra is a F'ing piece of sh#t?

Read what this dude did to me this morning. Man, it's hard to belive someone probably in his thirties would act like this.

I pull up to a stop sign at an intersection and a white ’94 or ’95 LT1 Camaro passes by with a couple of cars behind him. I pull in behind them on a road that goes into the town I live. Where the road comes up to the main street there is a traffic light. The Camaro is the first one at the light. Without going into a lot of details about the streets, there is a short cut if you go straight and don’t mind driving down narrow alleys and running a few stop signs, versus turning to the left and driving the long way. I always turn to the left because it is more relaxed. 99 out 100 times the people going straight across will beat me at the next road unless they run into somebody dragging around or traffic. As luck with have it today, I beat the Camaro to the next intersection on the road I live. He was sitting at the light to make the right hand turn on the road I was on and I was following an elderly man. The speed limit is 25 mph because there is a library and an ice cream shop as well as several other stores. There are always kids and joggers present. I blipped my throttle when I passed in front of the Camaro. The man in front of me signaled and I slowed to allow him some room. I looked up in my rear view mirror and this idiot is about to run slam up my rear and is standing on the binders for all he could get. I ease off and look back and he’s got both arms up on the wheels giving me thumbs down with both hands. Boy that really pissed me. I motioned for him to follow me onto a side road that ramps up to a four-lane road and I put on my signal well before the turn. I also pointed repeatedly to let him know if he wanted a piece of my car I was game. I made the left turn and he passed right on by and yelled, “Fu**ing piece of sh#t” as he passed. I backed up and I had to wait on a truck that was following him. The road leaves town and is very hilly and curvy with no chance to pass. I saw him several times ahead but as he left town he busted it and by the time the truck turned off, he was gone. I drove around for two hours looking for this jerk. What’s so funny about this is my car surely isn’t a piece of sh#t and gets more compliments and stares of any car I’ve ever owned including a new ’92 Vette I bought off the showroom floor. He is also a jerk because I offered him a chance to run me and show me what a piece of sh#t my car really is. In reality he knew that this piece of sh#t would slay his car. He is also a candy ass because he knew I was coming after him and he chickened out. And lastly, he did all this with what I assumed to be his daughter in the car with him and she appeared to be around 10 years old. I feel sorry for a kid with a father figure like that to look up to.

dave58

seldom impressed
Established Member
Just remember the 50% rule:
"If you conservatively estimate yourself to be of average intelligence, bear in mind that fully 50% of the folks you drive past today are gonna be stupider than you. If you're above average, the odds only get worse."

I drive in Atlanta, so I use it OFTEN !!
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ginsu

Established Member
Originally posted by dave58
I drive in Atlanta, so I use it OFTEN !!
:rolleyes:

Especially on Chastain Rd! But I think SoCal or Twin Cities, MN have to fall into the top 5 for the worlds worst drivers!

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Try Boston out for a drive guys.

When it snows, 75% of Boston drivers do NOT scrape their side windows/backwindow to get the ice and snow off.

snake1

Yellow,

Some F-body fool badmouthing your car is no reason to get bent out of shape. We know it's cool. They know it, too. It's just typical GM-camp childishness. And why on earth would you drive around for 2 hours looking for the idiot?

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Hey Johnboy, Madmax here. Not too good. Well kinda. I guess it really pissed me the way the jerk flew up on my ass, gives me two big thumbs down and then cusses me because I got to the intersection first and I wasn't even trying to beat him. I was just cruising like I always do. I just wanted to go up to his face and ask him if he'd like to elaborate on what he meant.

Thing is I don't think it was totally the car. I think if this guy would just fly off for anything. Somebody will pop a cap in his arse someday.:burn:

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
i can tell you guys that SoCal drivers are one of the worst groups of drivers anywhere.

hell, i didn't have my car more than 2 weeks and i had already had a big chip taken out of the passenger door as well as being sideswiped in the passenger rear quarter. luckily my trusty svt dealer fixed it same day!

i've had quite a few almost merge into me without looking, as well as the obligitory park-so-close-i-need-a-can-opener-to-get-out-of-my-car.

i park about 10 feet away from other cars at work just to prevent this sort of thing. looks funny with the car half on the grass, but i want nothing to harm my baby.

PETSNKE

Established Member
Some people are just hard to ignore, but I've gotten pretty good about it, especially when I have one of my kids with me.

Kinda sucks when my daughter tells my wife "Mom, daddy was driving 100 mph again" :bash:

Last edited:

Ginsu

Established Member
Just my personal view, never put the life of someone that does not have any control over the vehicle in danger. No matter if it is a child or someother passanger! As a driver, you make the choice but the the passanger does not! Anyway I do not street race anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread