'01 Cobra engine stroked to 5L?

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Hey all.

I have a '01 Cobra engine and was curious about stroker options. Can anyone shed me some light or give me the correct search terms?

Would really appreciate it, thanks.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
Duende said:
Hey all.

I have a '01 Cobra engine and was curious about stroker options. Can anyone shed me some light or give me the correct search terms?

Would really appreciate it, thanks.

In my opinion, stroking does not do anything for these motors unless you turbo it. For my money, resleeving it and going with a big bore 5.0 is the ticket. Check out ModularFords.com if you want good info. VT and MPH are about he two best places to get motors built.

5.0 BB FTW!!!

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Outstanding, thanks for the reply. Definitely don't want to have to change the 5.0 badges on my '93 notch.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
Duende said:
Outstanding, thanks for the reply. Definitely don't want to have to change the 5.0 badges on my '93 notch.

No problem. FWIW, the 4.6 Cobra motor will run circles around the 5.0 stock for stock.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
+1 on the big bore.

The stroke on these motors isn't the problem, it's the abnormally small bore.

By going with the big bore you unshroud the valves which helps power production and you then get those few added cubes on top of it. It also then doesn't limit rpm potential.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
A stroker will provide about 20hp/20tq over a standard bore stroke motor and for the extra money that's not too bad. A BB will cost more and provide roughly the same numbers, maybe a tad more. Both are proven reliable and if you get either from a reputable source you should not have any problems.

VT or Modular Powerhouse both put together very strong strokers while VT and Modular Performance both make relaible big bores. I suggest you call them all three and ask their opinion and prices.

Users who are viewing this thread