01 Cobra chassis bracing

I8ACHEVY

Established Member
Hey guys,
Picked up a 01 Cobra vert this past week. Been reading and learning alot about the good and the bad with it.
Definitely have the 'ol Cobra clunk that's so talked about here. Thinking to address that with bushings and gears also in one shot, at some point. Anyway, the previous owner put Eibach springs on it and a 4pt roll bar. It's got a Kenny Brown strut tower brace on it too. Definitely pretty stiff. My question is how much further do I need to go with stiffening if I want to occasionally turn laps on a road course like VIR? Are the 4pt bar and stock SFCs good enough? OR should I be looking at a set of full length SFCs regardless?
Would it need even more than that, or is that overkill?

Thanks,
Aris

I8ACHEVY

Established Member
Anyone know if whatever existing bushings are being used in an 01, can be pulled and used with the new front diff torque brace when I swap it?
The rear diff bushing will obviously stay, but looking to quickly use what's there already to install the new brace.

Thanks!

01FR500

HPDE
Established Member
Get the Maximum Motorsports full length sub frame connectors. Try to tie your roll cage into the SFC's. You'll have a stiffer chassis than 90% of street going Mustangs.

I8ACHEVY

Established Member
Get the Maximum Motorsports full length sub frame connectors. Try to tie your roll cage into the SFC's. You'll have a stiffer chassis than 90% of street going Mustangs.

Yep, that's the idea. MM FLSFCs and weld the already bolted in bar.
Just looking to figure out if I can use any existing bushings when putting in that upgraded 03/04 front diff torque brace.

Users who are viewing this thread