'01 Cobra Build Thread

Steve1578

Established Member
nice ride she looks to have been especially well maintained given the mileage

for the time being i'd recommend tossing a little tune on her, the stock cobra tunes are just horrid

The interior impressed me a lot for the amount of miles it has on it!
Thanks for the tip, I definitely want to do some gears and a tune pretty quickly. It needs gears badly.

Steve1578

Established Member
Here are a few more pictures after a wash(these are taken with iPhone). After the wash, you can really see that the front has a lot rock chips(which is to be expected with 147k miles on a black car). I'm not overly worried about it considering the car is very mechanically sound. I'll eventually reinvest in a paint job, but that'll be years down the line.

FullSizeRender-7_zpsfwqrebqm.jpg

FullSizeRender-5_zpsfunvo8q1.jpg

FullSizeRender-4_zpsrho7lotz.jpg

FullSizeRender-1_zpssxgpbeh0.jpg

Steve1578

Established Member
Update :
Got my new ford racing shift knob from AM, very quick shipping as usual. Looks and feels great, has really good weight to it as well.
Picking up a set of Borla stingers this Friday, currently in the market for a catless x pipe as well.

photo_zpsoxibrzcp.jpg

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Nice car, I know I said this in the other thread but 4.30's and a blower are a no go for me. I have them with an eaton and top out at 117 in 4th. I only make 440 rwhp too.... if it wasn't for the 4.30's I could have gone 11's I think. Ran 12.02 @ 117 bouncing off the limiter launching easy not to break anything (stock clutch, trans and axles).

Steve1578

Established Member
Nice car, I know I said this in the other thread but 4.30's and a blower are a no go for me. I have them with an eaton and top out at 117 in 4th. I only make 440 rwhp too.... if it wasn't for the 4.30's I could have gone 11's I think. Ran 12.02 @ 117 bouncing off the limiter launching easy not to break anything (stock clutch, trans and axles).

Thanks! Yeah I think 4.30's with blower is a bit too much, I think 4.10's will be the sweet spot.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
When I change mine I plan to go with 3.55's. I hardly ever drive the car and it's been to the strip 3 times in the 14 years I've owned it. With the extra TQ from the blower I don't think I'll miss the 4.30's at all. I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap stock pumpkin from an 03/04 so it's bolt in and go.

Jaysin

Established Member
Nice looking Cobra, and not a bad deal at all for the price. The interior and seats look really good. Ive been thinking of a build I'd like to do and may be in the market for another Cobra soon, I'd love to find a deal like you did. What kind of midpipe you going with? Bassani X with Stingers sound fantastic!

Steve1578

Established Member
Nice looking Cobra, and not a bad deal at all for the price. The interior and seats look really good. Ive been thinking of a build I'd like to do and may be in the market for another Cobra soon, I'd love to find a deal like you did. What kind of midpipe you going with? Bassani X with Stingers sound fantastic!

Thanks! In the area I'm in it was a pretty good deal, I know other parts of the country you can get cheaper but he was only 40 minutes away from me so it was well worth it to me. The interior is in great shape, the driver side seat shows some wear but other than that I'm very pleased. I just purchased everything I needed for my exhaust. I have Borla stingers and UPR off road X. The x came with MIL eliminators. In total I spent 550 for the stingers and x pipe & eliminators, which I feel isn't bad at all. I've heard mixed reviews on the UPR but from what I've seen and heard, I like it. I'll find out for sure once I get it all installed.

Steve1578

Established Member
$7k ! I can't even find GTs that clean for $7k

It seems like the price for GT's has gone up! My first mustang was a 2002 GT and I purchased that for 5k, I seldom see a clean GT in that price range anymore. The only thing that's "wrong" with this car is the amount of rock chips on the front. The paint isn't in the best condition, not that's it's chipping or peeling or fading, just needs a really good detail, I'll probably do a restore as well. Overall though I think I got a good deal and it drives strong with no real issues so far.

Users who are viewing this thread