01 cobra...65mm throttle body but do i need bigger injectors?

josephcostello

Established Member
Recently bought a cobra with not too many mods...seller said it had a 65mm throttle body (not sure what brand), and also said it needs different injectors. Is this correct? If so what kind should I get and will the car need to get tuned? Talked to one guy and he said it needs 32 psi injectors?Thanks..

smashedheadcat

Established Member
If it's stock with just a throttle body, you're probably have no increase in power over stock. The factory injectors will support around 350hp in N/A form without bumping the base fuel pressure.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
He meant 32 lb/hr injectors, or you misunderstood him. Stock injectors are 24lb/hr and are good to about 350-375 rwhp. The throttle body does nothing to the injectors as far as compatability goes. Does the car run like crap and that was his excuse?

Last edited:

josephcostello

Established Member
car does not run like crap, just bogs when you stuff it and when you hold it over 6k you can sometimes feel the power decreasing when you push the pedal down more. Just bought this a car about a month ago too, thats what the seller said it needed. Have no idea about the new cars and stuff, thought i could get some voices on it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I doubt you need injectors. Was the car tuned before? When was the last time it had a tune up. You'd be amazed at what new plugs and fuel filter can do.

BigEasy

Established Member
No you should be fine im running the twin blade 65mm TB from BBK with stock injectors. Your car bogs down when you start it and idling? If so your TPS voltage may be off a bit.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Browse through the FAQ at the top of the forum. There's a lot of good info in there.

Users who are viewing this thread