01+ Caddy STS

bchisom99

Established Member
Does anyone here drive an 01+ Cadillac Seville STS/SLS as a Daily Driver???

I drive about 100+ miles 5 days a week, blah blah blah, I'm looking for a nice highway car, do these things hold up when they've got more than say 90,000miles on them???

OR anyone else that does just craploads of highway miles have any other ideas, I love my cobra, but I don't like filling up w/ premium every/every other day. . .I'm thinkin 01 STS w/ high miles. . .

ready...set...go....

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Canoodler said:
Lincoln Mark VIII LSC :beer:

Lincoln LS too, I hear they're real nice highway cruisers.

May also think about the Acura TL/CL. I know it's an import but they ride fantastic ( my mother has one ), the stock six cd/7 speaker sound system is the shiznit and the navigation system is way cool. The base is very good highway car and the type-S adds some definite pep!

bchisom99

Established Member
REX-RACER said:
Lincoln LS too, I hear they're real nice highway cruisers.

May also think about the Acura TL/CL. I know it's an import but they ride fantastic ( my mother has one ), the stock six cd/7 speaker sound system is the shiznit and the navigation system is way cool. The base is very good highway car and the type-S adds some definite pep!

Friend of mine in college had an '01 LS V8, he cut out the silencers, and put on Flowmaster dumps, damn did that thing sound nice...I would slap a Magnaflow on one, the LS is in the running, I would like a FWD being in Ohio, but nothing a good set of snow tires wouldn't solve anyways...

good suggestions, keep 'em coming...

bchisom99

Established Member
damn I didn't think this thread sucked that much,

Drove a Mark VIII today, not really what I'm looking for, VERY heavy car, I'm gonna stop by the acura dealer tomorrow and TD a CL, I know the wife would rather a 4door, I like the CL, seems to be the cheepest among the LS/STS/CL group....

sonicboom141

I want a cobra!
Established Member
I have a Lincoln LS, my uncle has a Lincoln LSC special editiong

there quick, quiet, very very comfortable, ride smoother than anything...you creep from 75-90 without even knowing no joke.

They are amazing cars for the price, and they are very sporty.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
bchisom99 said:
Does anyone here drive an 01+ Cadillac Seville STS/SLS as a Daily Driver???

I drive about 100+ miles 5 days a week, blah blah blah, I'm looking for a nice highway car, do these things hold up when they've got more than say 90,000miles on them???

OR anyone else that does just craploads of highway miles have any other ideas, I love my cobra, but I don't like filling up w/ premium every/every other day. . .I'm thinkin 01 STS w/ high miles. . .

ready...set...go....

I worked on the for 5 yrs, very expensive to maintain. Parts are ungodly high. Very smooth car. Starter is located under the intake manifold on a northstar. They go out regularly. They have to do a intake job to change the starter. Your looken about 3 gs. The air ride suspension... The compressors for the air ride are 500 bucks a piece. The struts for a sls is about 500 bucks, a sts will run about a grand a piece. The air ride problems are commen. Alot of the time its the compressor. I could go on about these cars. They have alot of problems with the heads. I wouldn't get one. If i was you i would find a use Grand marques. They are some smooth riden cars. But all cars have there share of problems. I just know sls, and sts are very expensive when it comes to getten fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread