00R

TFStang

Established Member
Is it just me, or does the 00R seem way undervalued for what it is? Compared to a 93 or 95 R, the 00 was extremely well thought out and wasn't just a car thrown together with spare parts and stickers. For the amount of thought, engineering and exclusivity that went into this car, I would have thought by now it would have been worth much more than what I am currently seeing. I do believe the values will go up, but with 93R's pushing $90K (if true), I would figure the 00R, which is the best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned would be right up there. Thoughts???

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is it just me, or does the 00R seem way undervalued for what it is? Compared to a 93 or 95 R, the 00 was extremely well thought out and wasn't just a car thrown together with spare parts and stickers. For the amount of thought, engineering and exclusivity that went into this car, I would have thought by now it would have been worth much more than what I am currently seeing. I do believe the values will go up, but with 93R's pushing $90K (if true), I would figure the 00R, which is the best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned would be right up there. Thoughts???

I love the 00R's; they're my favorite of the 3.

With that being said, I think they have bottomed out. 10 years from now, they very well could be in the six figures like the 93R.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
IMG_3104.JPG
For a moment there I thought you were talking about my car....

nmp1

Established Member
As previously stated

I think there are 2 main factors that are holding the R’s back in value.

1 there are so many clean original cars that are completely or very near being completely stock

2 you can always find one for sale, especially the 95 and 00. If you only saw one for sale occasionally I think the values would be different but at any given time you can find at least one for sale somewhere as these cars seem to change hands a lot for such a low production car.

Last edited:

T.R.I Cobra

Established Member
I think that selling a 00 R for the price of a new loaded new Mustang GT is nuts. I know 55 thousand was a lot of money in 2000 but it was the best factory track mustang built until the 2012 boss 302 came out matching it's performance. As for a 93R I wouldn't buy one in the wrapper unless I had the 95,00 first and I still wouldn't pay north of 60/65 for it. So that's double sticker ....
95R 34 sicker so 70/75. 00R 55 sticker =110. Sounds good to me.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
For me, out of the 3 Cobra R's, the 00 is really the only one that excites me. It is sexy and a hoot to drive. It will go up. It's just a matter of how much and when.

Users who are viewing this thread