00r tranny question

kevin

ok guys. my tranny shifter won't move into any of the forward positions (1st, 3rd, 5th). before i start doing anything i thought i'd check with the wizards here to see if anything easy can be done. the shifter does move into the rearward postions easily (2nd, 4th, 6th).

any ideas?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
kevin said:
ok guys. my tranny shifter won't move into any of the forward positions (1st, 3rd, 5th). before i start doing anything i thought i'd check with the wizards here to see if anything easy can be done. the shifter does move into the rearward postions easily (2nd, 4th, 6th).

any ideas?

Sell me the car for $500.00 and your troubles will be over!??! ;-) :poke:

Saleenrose

Established Member
I'll give ya $550 but only if you back it over to me. Could the rubber boot under the shifter boot be binding up and blocking you movement?

svtguy

Established Member
Your arms are to short!

Move the seat all the way forward and, if needed, lean forward while shifting into 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Then if reverse is needed, have your passenger shift it for you.

Paul.

kevin

you guys are just way to funny. i wouldn't let it go for less that 1000. the seat doesn't slide and the surgery to lengthen both my arms is just a bit too expensive, and if i only did my right arm thern i would be lopsided - so that's out. i guess that leaves me with checking under the boot. :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Cobra-R said:
He does seem to like parking his car at the beach. :rockon: :banana: :beer:

I hear beaches contain salt water?!? :shrug: Maybe it's rusted?!?!

I'll take it off your hands for $1,000.00. When can I pick it up!?! ;-) :poke: :D

kevin

ac427cobra said:
I hear beaches contain salt water?!? :shrug: Maybe it's rusted?!?!

I'll take it off your hands for $1,000.00. When can I pick it up!?! ;-) :poke: :D

i haven't had time to spend on the beach ;) bruce, it's 3600 lbs empty... how many beers do you need in ya to even try to "pick it up" :)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
kevin said:
i haven't had time to spend on the beach ;) bruce, it's 3600 lbs empty... how many beers do you need in ya to even try to "pick it up" :)

3,600#?!??!! No wonder it's at the beach all the time?!!?? Maybe the car thinks it's a whale?!!? ;-) :poke: :lol: :p

kevin

ac427cobra said:
3,600#?!??!! No wonder it's at the beach all the time?!!?? Maybe the car thinks it's a whale?!!? ;-) :poke: :lol: :p

that it is.........

what does yours weigh? the only thing i'm aware of to strip out is the dash (which i'm not going to do).

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Kevin,

Did you get a chance to check the stop bolt as Brian suggested? I had a Tri-Ax that had the stop bolt back out and jammed all forward gears. Once I got the shift boot out of the way you could easily see the problem.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread