00R street pad & fluid rec

maliclipse

Enormous Member
Established Member
Hey Folks,

I just picked up a set of 00R calipers (the silver focus rs ones) for my 04 and am doing a brake revamp on the car. Russel lines, new fluid, calipers, turned rotors. I don't track the car (even though it's fully setup to do so) but I do drive it hard on the street.

Do you guys have a pad recommendation that doesn't dust or make a ton of noise for the street?

Also, a fluid recommendation will be great since I'll be doing a full bleed front and back - I read some good things about castrol SRF but at 70$ per 32fl/oz will it make a difference for street driving?

Thanks much,
Michal

Andy M

Established Member
If you are not going to track the car, I would recommend just staying with the stock 2000 R Brembo (Galpher) pads. I would also recommend staying with the Ford DOT3/4 or equivalent fluid.

maliclipse

Enormous Member
Established Member
I read on here that any hawk pad will be too aggressive and will kill the factory brembos. How aggressive are the ceramics.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
It's a street pad and not aggressive. Many folks on this board use Hawk pads for the track too. The only time they eat up rotors is when they are used in the wrong heat range.

Users who are viewing this thread