00R Paperwork / Documentation (VALUES)

JohnW#88

Established Member
I picked up that press kit on ebay this week, at what I thought was a steal, and it got me to thinking.

In some aspects each 00R's own individual documents (black book, plate, supplement) are becoming very rare and when offered for sale are insanely costly. Is it safe to assume the 00R's paperwork and supporting documents are more rare than OEM wheels, wings, side pipes, seats and splitters? Maybe.

If I owned a 00R with out the black binder what would I be willing to pay for complete one? $1000, $2000, more?

I got the Press kit for $230 but was ready to head to $500+ because I've never seen one before.

Other than the items above what are the other MUST HAVES for the 00R?

I'd like to hear others thoughts on the matter.

Thanks-

flattrack53

Established Member
I picked up that press kit on ebay this week, at what I thought was a steal, and it got me to thinking.

In some aspects each 00R's own individual documents (black book, plate, supplement) are becoming very rare and when offered for sale are insanely costly. Is it safe to assume the 00R's paperwork and supporting documents are more rare than OEM wheels, wings, side pipes, seats and splitters? Maybe.

If I owned a 00R with out the black binder what would I be willing to pay for complete one? $1000, $2000, more?

I got the Press kit for $230 but was ready to head to $500+ because I've never seen one before.

Other than the items above what are the other MUST HAVES for the 00R?

I'd like to hear others thoughts on the matter.

Thanks-

I have two press kits for 00R's. I got one with my car and I bought an extra one. I actually paid $230 as well haha. The black books I have seen run 700-1000. I have not purchased an extras. As far as any other must haves? The original window sticker that actually had a warranty written on it. The dealerships where told to destroy them before sticking them on the car. Other then that I think you completed everything other then misc papers and pamphlets?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
The Cobra R supplement that came with the owners manual.

I bought an extra one on ebay years ago for $20, last one I saw on ebay went for almost $200.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Where and when were they supplied? Random magazine tests or the cars intro in North Carolina?

Detroit and the Media Drive in AZ...

Picture1233.jpg

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
The press kits were given out by SVT. It could have been at any of the events above. I receive mine directly from Alan Hall at SVT back in the day.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread