00r owners going to ra in sept

kevin

been talking to the folks at northwoods.

they want me to remind ya that you may have splitter and rear diff problems if you don't get the front end fixed and a diff cooler installed.

they'd hate to see ya come and brake down.

they may be looking at front splitter for inspection to be sure they don't brak off on the track.:)

Cobra-R

Established Member
I would like to add one thing to what Kevin said. If you either can't or don't want to reinforce the front fascia area to make the splitter stiffer, leave the splitter at home. You will hit high enough speeds at RA to get the shuddering that a unreinforced splitter will encounter.

Brian

Terry Moenich

Established Member
What happens to the splitters? Why not run without it then?

I know a 00 R that ran last year, I'll as him if he had any diff problems.

Is the cooler available yet?

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I registered with my Saleen, that was before I got the R, Guess I better tell them I changed. I have my confirmation and everything back.Thanks

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Terry Moenich
What happens to the splitters? Why not run without it then?

I know a 00 R that ran last year, I'll as him if he had any diff problems.

Is the cooler available yet?

Terry,
Yes the coolers are available from kenny Brown. They are $1799 or so, and if you belong to SVT Cobra Mustang Club, they will give a 10% discount off of that.

Differential overheating has been experienced by some R owners, which can cause severe damage. SVT told me that at high speed tracks, or if you are going to be on the track for extended periods of time, the cooler is needed.

When you reach speeds up in the 130 to 150 range, the front splitter can start shuddering and shaking. It is believed that the front facia(bumper cover assy.) is not supported well enough to take the forces that are put on it from the splitter. If you grab onto the front facia and pull it up and down you will get that whole assembly to move. This will eventually cause the front facia support up by the headlights to break, which is alot of work to get replaced.

All of us have used slightly different ways to do it, but you have to go in there and reinforce the facia so it stays still at speed.

I will try to dig up some pictures and post them if I can.

Brian

ps. Kevin, I know you can add more to this since you have had much more experience with it than me.

kevin

basically brian got it right. i suffered significant damage and parts replacement due to the extra downforce and no extra supprt to defend against it.

you can go w/o your splitter and avoid it altogether. but at some point you'll need to address it if you ever get to 140+

somewhere on this site is a drawing and photos of my fix. i don't remember who, but someone else posted photos of their fix.

ya ought to do the cooler tho, unless you plan on staying under, say, 100mph

Cobra-R

Established Member
I had all the pictures that Kevin is referring to on Photopoint, but as you may or may not know, that closed down. I believe I have the pics somewhere, if you can give me a day or so, I will see if I can find them inside my computer somewhere.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
photos of the splitter fix would be much appreciated.

Just so you all know. I am about to rebuild my computor. may be down a week or so if I get the ambition to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread