00R coolant?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Looking for info on which coolant to use in the 2000 Cobra R. I checked the owner’s supplement and it lists: “Premium Engine Coolant WSE-9744-A.” I am assuming this is an outdated part number since I cannot find it. I know some Terminators take green and some take gold (depends on production date). Does anyone know for sure what came in our cars from the factory? Yes, I could drain it to see the color, but I’d like to buy some ahead of time. I am planning on draining the old stuff out and giving it a fresh fill.

Mwynn

Established Member
I drained mine a few months back, with 2200 mi on car, it was green and definitely appeared to be the original coolant. Flushed the system, put 40% green coolant and 60% distilled water back in, plus a bottle of waterwetter. Replaced both radiator caps, cleaned the thermostat..... cooling system works perfectly now.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I drained mine a few months back, with 2200 mi on car, it was green and definitely appeared to be the original coolant. Flushed the system, put 40% green coolant and 60% distilled water back in, plus a bottle of waterwetter. Replaced both radiator caps, cleaned the thermostat..... cooling system works perfectly now.

Thank you kindly! I will buy some green and distilled water. I opened the cap and it looked green to me, but I wasn’t 100% positive. There is no clear overflow bottle like the Terminators have. Thanks for confirming this.

nmp1

Established Member
overflow is in the driver side fender. look in where the cooling duct attaches.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

Please elaborate on replacing BOTH radiator caps. What did you use for the cap on the radiator?

Tom

Mwynn

Established Member
Well tom...you can order 2 oem pressure caps from Ford. Dis-assembly one of the caps and have the correct cap that fits on the radiator.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The coolant info is out there and not hard to find. Complete chart from Ford:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/Motorcraft coolant.pdf

Please elaborate on replacing BOTH radiator caps. What did you use for the cap on the radiator?

Tom

You just remove the spring on the radiator cap - just like the '93R (and probably the '95R). Had the '93R cooling system on my old '90 when I built the '93 Cobra engine for it. Worked perfectly.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I was not aware these caps were available from Ford still. I also didn't know you could take the spring out and keep from damaging the cap so it would still be functional.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread