00gt/03 mach 1 clipped good deal?

03svtwantob

Established Member
Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to post or not. If im wrong let me know ill move it. Recently I have come across a 00 gt that has been clipped together with a 03 mach 1 for sale. Car was cut across rear floor pan and welded back together with a gt front end and mach 1 rear. Car has the 32 valve 4.6l with 68k miles,5 speed, Mach 1 interior, hood, and cobra front bumper. Seats look as they have never been sat in. Has instrument cluster and all dash trim of mach 1. I was thinking of getting the car for parts and swap everything to a base model with blown motor or something. Guy wants 4k would that be to much for parts minus a shell. Was a pretty bad hack job. Input please thanks

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
Odds are the rest of drivetrain is garbage, if they did a hack job on the rest of the car.. I wouldn't even mess with it. Spend some extra money and get a super clean mach. There are many out there! :beer:

03svtwantob

Established Member
Thanks i didnt consider the fact that it could have been dogged. Of coarse I understand the risk of the clip. I was mainly interested in it for parts. If I could talk the guy down to say 2k would that be fair price? Or should I just walk away

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
The idea of fixing the car the way they did is not a problem. You wouldnt believe whats been done to some cars and youd never know, but you say it was a "hack job", how so? And is the motor in it the stock motor? If it was hit so hard the front half was junked, I wouldnt trust the motor or transmission.

03svtwantob

Established Member
The reason I say a hack job is because there is so much undercoating under the car and you can still see the weld. Not a nice clean weld. One of those bubble gum, slag dripping everywhere with wire sticking out. That is what concerns me about it. If i can see welds like that on floor pan then what do the reinforcements look like? I do body work so I know what your saying about what can be done and not know about it. The seller doesnt know much about the car. Says he bought it buy here pay here and got screwed. Cant part it out because he cant have it sitting around. Im looking for a project. I thought that picking this up and getting a v6 with blown motor, lighter body damage or even a roller. A good shell and swapping everything. I know that a clone would never catch big resale not what I am looking for.

03svtwantob

Established Member
I appreciate your opinions but I dont have the funds for a true mach or svt that I really want. Just got done with the womans camaro build. That was my guinea pig lol. Time for a project of my own and im getting bored in the evenings. I dont want the everyday gt that you see running the street. I think I am going to take a chance at this and hopefully everything works out. If not I will have some parts for sale. Will keep you posted Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread