00 "clunk" may lead to new tires :)

red2k#1554

Established Member
Heard the clunk a month after I bought my 00L. I immediately noticed when I slowed lower than 20 mph a "whomp whomp" in the front tires. Took it in and dealer "fixed" clunk (supposedly).

The tires kept doing the same thing...air pressure and everything was correct. Took it back a couple weeks later and told them. They immediately told me my tires were cupped on the inside and I needed new ones ??? This p***ed me off as it never did it until the clunk.

So I took the prinout of the post I saw here into the dealer the other day with the Ford guidelines for the fix. It requires a washer kit and guess what...they had to ORDER the kit, meaning that they never fixed it right the first time

So my appointment is Tues and the tire replacement hasn't been cleared, but my service friend did go ahead and order them. He said a 00L had been in a couple weeks ago and they gave him new rubber, but his only has 4k miles. Mine haas 22k, but I have only put 5k on myself and those tires have always been in the front since my ownership. My service guy is 90% confident that they will be replaced even though they were once on the back by the previous owner and aren't in super shape.

Users who are viewing this thread