‘Romulus’ TV Series a Dramatic Look at the Founding of Rome

quad

Established Member
I'm in the middle of watching this series. Really interesting. Lots of blood and guts and also some cannibalism. 10,000 years ago. Not sure how accurate it is though because the wheel was apparently invented around 3500 BC and wagons appear in this series which is set 8000 BC. Rome was eventually founded in 753 BC.

'Romulus' TV Series a Dramatic Look at the Founding of Rome - Italofile

romulus.jpg

The birth of the city of Rome is a legend shrouded in mystery, violence, power, family drama, and the supernatural. In other words, it’s the kind of story that is perfect for a television series.

Romulus, a 10-part series airing later this fall, is a dramatic retelling of Rome’s 8th century BC origin story. But rather than tell the children’s story of Romulus, Remus, and the She-Wolf, this series focuses on the primitive tribes from which Rome was born. What’s more, it was filmed entirely in archaic Latin.

quad

Established Member
I'm an idiot 8th Century BC - 800 BC. 80th Century BC would be 8000 BC lol!

Anyways I finished the show and I think it was well done. Takes a little getting into it but once you do you have to see the rest of it.

quad

Established Member
This is an HBO series?
Bob it is not yet available in the USA. It was released on Sky Italia. But there are plans to bring it to various broadcasters. Perhaps Netflix, Amazon Prime or others? There are other ways to watch it of course if you are in the USA ;) If they release it in 4K on Amazon I would grab it since I think the people that produced it deserve financial support for their great effort. Looking forward to a second season if there will be one.

Sky Italy Series 'Romulus' Scores Global Sales, Watch Exclusive Promo - Variety

Users who are viewing this thread