Number of gt 500's per dealer

forane2001

Established Member
Local dealer here told me that each SVT dealer would get 4 gt 500's and regular ford dealerships would each get 2. He also said they would sell for around $45k which may be true before the dealer inflation.

This dealer also has a ford gt in the showroom and in the same breath that he told me the above price for the shelby he said they had just turned down a bid of $175k for the gt. He said it would take 190k-200k to get the gt. So talk about price gouging!!!!!! It will be the same crap with the shelby unless they dont sell!!!

:shrug:
I'll be just as happy to keep my 03 cobra and enjoy it.
:p

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the first year i bet the big dealerships get 8-10 each. with the smaller dealerships getting 2-5 each.

the big local dealer in a few years back had a new 00 cobra R with a msrp a little over 50 large. a salesman told my brother when he was looking at it that they had a just accepted a 75k cash offer. four months later the car was still there. :burn:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
forane2001 said:
Local dealer here told me that each SVT dealer would get 4 gt 500's and regular ford dealerships would each get 2. He also said they would sell for around $45k which may be true before the dealer inflation.

This dealer also has a ford gt in the showroom and in the same breath that he told me the above price for the shelby he said they had just turned down a bid of $175k for the gt. He said it would take 190k-200k to get the gt. So talk about price gouging!!!!!! It will be the same crap with the shelby unless they dont sell!!!

I know my dealer gets 4, they are a SVT dealer. First round production will be around 8000 cars. 35,000 + cars when it's all said and done. A Ford GT sold for 5k under sticker 2 weeks ago here in Cincinnati. FACT!
There's going to be to much competion out there for any car make to do to much gouging! That's what I think!
Ford GT has the new ZO6 Vett
Shellby has Vett, Dodge Charger,Challenger and Camaro
:pop:

Tim

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
Ford and GM now have corporate bonds with "junk" ratings. They are in seriously bad financial distress.

Ford is in a situation where they simply must sell more vehicles to survive. The profit or loss statement doesn't care whether the desparately needed additional sales come via Explorers, F-150s or special edition Mustangs.

The financial ditch that Ford currently resides in dictates that they produce as many units of whatever the dealers buy for stock. It is no more complicated than that. They are at the point where their very survival is at stake.

Ford does not have the luxury of building anything that it markets in limited numbers to please its enthusiasts and dealers.

Anyone who tells you that there will be strict per dealer or total production limits is grossly out of touch with the harsh economic realities that face auto makers.

Blaine

Established Member
drmustang said:
Ford and GM now have corporate bonds with "junk" ratings. They are in seriously bad financial distress.

Ford is in a situation where they simply must sell more vehicles to survive. The profit or loss statement doesn't care whether the desparately needed additional sales come via Explorers, F-150s or special edition Mustangs.

The financial ditch that Ford currently resides in dictates that they produce as many units of whatever the dealers buy for stock. It is no more complicated than that. They are at the point where their very survival is at stake.

Ford does not have the luxury of building anything that it markets in limited numbers to please its enthusiasts and dealers.

Anyone who tells you that there will be strict per dealer or total production limits is grossly out of touch with the harsh economic realities that face auto makers.

Thats Ford's STUPID fault for investing so much of their money in the Gas Guzzling Monster SUV's. When the gas prices go up their S#$# of luck. :loser:

If the GT500 is still considered a SVT. Regular dealors usually don't get them at all.

R1Lello

Established Member
forane2001 said:

:poke: Find a new dealer !!! Yours stinks

forane2001

Established Member
yes i agree they do stink, but where is a better dealer. They are everyone a bunch of crooks, thieves, despots, and whatever else can be said. The price I mentioned in the above post on the ford GT proves it. Only rich doctors or executives in my town could afford the price of a ford gt anyway and there are not too many of them. The ones that could afford it probably won't pay that much for a ford product no matter how good they claim it is. Makes you wonder what kind of quality issues may be lurking in the ford gt doesn't it.
I had a few of the issues with my 03 (head tick, throw out bearing). It is ceratinly the most powerful vehicle that I have been fortunate to own and I am thankful to have it. AS far as the GT 500, i like it pretty well, but just cant see myself jumping the gun as I must admit that I did on my cobra.
Anyway, my 02c on the world. Good luck to all of you who are lucky enough to get the gt 500 and I hope it gives better quality than alot of the 03 cobras did.

I really think hell will be full of car dealers(especially SVT dealers) and anesthesiologists. They are all greedy bast%rds.

9250Stang

Strickland Propane
Established Member
forane2001 said:
yes i agree they do stink, but where is a better dealer. They are everyone a bunch of crooks, thieves, despots, and whatever else can be said. The price I mentioned in the above post on the ford GT proves it. Only rich doctors or executives in my town could afford the price of a ford gt anyway and there are not too many of them. The ones that could afford it probably won't pay that much for a ford product no matter how good they claim it is. Makes you wonder what kind of quality issues may be lurking in the ford gt doesn't it.
I had a few of the issues with my 03 (head tick, throw out bearing). It is ceratinly the most powerful vehicle that I have been fortunate to own and I am thankful to have it. AS far as the GT 500, i like it pretty well, but just cant see myself jumping the gun as I must admit that I did on my cobra.
Anyway, my 02c on the world. Good luck to all of you who are lucky enough to get the gt 500 and I hope it gives better quality than alot of the 03 cobras did.

I really think hell will be full of car dealers(especially SVT dealers) and anesthesiologists. They are all greedy bast%rds.

Perfectly said. Thus the reason I normally buy slightly used cars from individuals. Going to a car dealership and talking to some idiot, schmuck car salesman that is trying to sell my a car that I know a lot more about than him, is a nightmare. No offense to those of you that are car salesman and actually know what you are talking about, but 90% dealers are crooks.

forane2001

Established Member
i agree dude. Normally I wouldnt have a problem buying a used vehicle from an individual but honestly in the case of high performance vehicles most of them have been gutted and modded by the previous owner. So I guess you take a chance and get ripped either way.

I was fortunate one time to buy my 1990 mustang gt off of a nice married couple. It had 18000 miles and was showroom condition. I still have the car today and its still in great shape because I have never abused it. That is hard to find!!

Car dealers are just a form of legal lonesharking along with these check cashing places.

Everyone have a great new year.

mrGT

Established Member
Here's the Ford published allocation Plan for the expected 7,000 units to be produced for the 2007 model year.

-2 incremental units for current full-line SVT dealers (605 dealers)
-1 incremental unit for SVT Focus-only dealers (700 dealers)
-1 unit for any dealer who completes certification requirements (yet to be disclosed)
-1 unit for 2005 President's Award winners (343 dealers)
-Remaining production will be allocated based on a Mustang share-of-nation formula

Example:
A current full-line SVT dealer who wins the 2005 President's Award will receive 4 units plus any units for Mustang share-of-nation.
--Full-line SVT Dealer.......2
--Completed certification...1
--2005 President's Award...1
--Mustang share-of-nation...TBD

crazyhorse06

Established Member
mrGT said:
Here's the Ford published allocation Plan for the expected 7,000 units to be produced for the 2007 model year.

-1 unit for any dealer who completes certification requirements (yet to be disclosed)
-Remaining production will be allocated based on a Mustang share-of-nation formula

Example:
A current full-line SVT dealer who wins the 2005 President's Award will receive 4 units plus any units for Mustang share-of-nation.
The wild card here is share of nation. That could be zero or 30 depending on how many are made and how large the dealer is.

drmustang

Banned
mrGT said:

Example:

Incremental units, President's Awards, Completed certification, Blah, Blah, Blah.

This is a pile of pre release marketing crap.

Ford will provide its retailers with a bumper crop of these GT500s if they move.

2 for this dealer, 10 for that one. You can wipe your rear end with all that BS. Don't think so? Remember the scheduled 3K Mach1s that were to be produced and sold by certain "select" dealers? They ended up pumping out over 15,000.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
forane2001 said:

If you're looking for a new Dealer I suggest Ramey Ford in Tazwell VA, They've treated me better than any other place I've been. If you're really interested I can get you more info on who to talk to there.

Users who are viewing this thread