Check out the new seats in my baby...Pics inside!

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
Well I finally got around to taking some pictures of the new Sparcos I put in the Cobra. Now before you guys immediately call me a ricer and flame me for it, hear me out.

When I first bought the car, the owner that had it before me was about 180 pounds and was 5' 10". I didn't mind that at all, and I knew that he couldn't do too much damage to the seats of the car. When I come over to see the car (which is stored at his dads garage) I see that his father is quite obese (around 350 pounds and 5' 9") and I am praying to god that these seats are not totally ruined. I finally look at the inside of the car and see that the side bolsters are bowed outwords and that the leather is cracked/totally worn to eternity. Great, now these damn things won't hold me AT ALL (i am 6' 3" and about 175 pounds). Of course, with the side bolsters set all the way as tight as they will go I flop around like a pancake when going through some twisties. I then tell myself that I need to take the seats out and get something that will actually hold me in there.

Long story short, I find a starting race shop in California that is selling the Red/Black Sparco Torinos on sale for $450 a piece. I call them for a quote, they give me a quote for everything I need for two seats (2 seats, 2 sliders, 2 brackets, 2 base adapters, and 2 height adjusters), which was around $1500 with shipping. I tell them I am ready to send payment and I don't hear from them for a week. I try to call them back but no one answers. I finally get a hold of them 2 days before Fun Ford Weekend in Norwalk, Ohio and they apoligize and discount everything for me. In the end I get the seats below shipped to my door for $1000 flat.

Withou further adue, here they are. As you can see, the red matches ALMOST perfectly, and the black is not as noticeable as you think. The black just pops out more because of the flash. It actually blends in rather well. Unless you are looking for a difference you can't notice it at all. And please leave some comments for me and let me know what you guys think. Also, the reason the driver side seat looks different (more faded, duller) is because of the flash, the pictures do not do the seats any justice!

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

Thanks in advance,

THC

Last edited:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Perfect. They go with the interior perfectly, like they were there from the factory! I bet you got a pretty penny for your stockers. I hear that the stockers reel in more than Sparcos. Either way, good work!

-Mike

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
Actually, I have taken over the exercise room as my parts room basically because it is climate controlled and also because no one uses it. I keep all of my stock parts, along with all reciepts and boxes. Call me obsessed, but I love this car!

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

Now that big box there in the middle of this picture is a complete FR500 intake that I bought for $1300. Now all I need is another $15,000 for an Induction Concpets Twin Turbo setup.

DSC00769.jpg

THC

Albert SVT

Established Member
Awesome seats buddy! I just installed a pair of blue Sparco Milanos myself. I used the Sparco flat base mounts and sliders..... pain in the ass to get right, but finally got it to fit the way I like. Did you have any issues with the install?

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
Albert SVT said:
Awesome seats buddy! I just installed a pair of blue Sparco Milanos myself. I used the Sparco flat base mounts and sliders..... pain in the ass to get right, but finally got it to fit the way I like. Did you have any issues with the install?

Milanos are very nice, but they didn't come in a red/black color that would match my interior at all.

As for trouble, I just put the sliders, brackets, seat adapters, and base adapters all on the seats before I put the seats in the car. It was time consuming, but it wasn't that bad. I had some help from a friend, and without him I probably wouldn't of been able to bolt up the height adjusters to the seat brackets. All I would say is that it required a little muscle to line everything up but thats about it.

THC

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
Forgot to add this:

They feel really nice. I am kind of a slim guy (6'3" 180lbs) so they grab me pretty nicely. There still is a TINY bit of play but they really grab your shoulders and thighs when you start to corner pretty hard. The seats are fully reclinable, and they can recline all the way back so they are at a 55 degree angle or so. As for legroom, I can scoot them all the way back so that they are touching the back seats. At that point, I can stretch out my legs fully and not be able to hit the pedals at all so someone that is over 6'3" can easily drive the car comfortably.

If you guys want anymore pictures or if you have any more questions then feel free to ask!

THC

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
Just to let you guys know that are interested in these seats....they don't make them anymore.

Sparco apparently made too many of them and they had them on sale nationally for $450. You could probably call around to some Spaco dealers and find out if they have any more of them. I ordered and recieved mine in the middle of July so it was quite a while back but there are probably some floating around here in the states. If need be, I can give you guys the details for the shop that I bought them from if that would give you any help.

THC

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
BONESTOCK said:
hmm.. they look like the Sparco Torino's....no?

You are correct, they are the Sparco Torinos but they are in the special Red/Black color combination. If you go to Sparco's website you will notice that they don't even display the color combination at all on the Torino page. The place that I got them from are sold out of them and the guy on ebay that was selling them is not offering them anymore. If you guys have anymore questions or comments then feel free to leave them here!

THC

EDIT:

I just found a website here that is offering them for $549 a piece.

http://www.modacar.com/products/Nissan/Maxima/RSTSS/Sparco+Seat+Red.html

BONESTOCK

Established Member
Ahhh...I see. I was looking at the one that is all red.

Man that seat is so freaking sweet!! I wish I was ready to buy them. My wife will kill me. haha. I need to sell my stockers first. :banghead:

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
BONESTOCK said:
Ahhh...I see. I was looking at the one that is all red.

Man that seat is so freaking sweet!! I wish I was ready to buy them. My wife will kill me. haha. I need to sell my stockers first. :banghead:

Just tell your wife that you want to keep the stock seats so if you ever sell the car in the future you can put it back to all stock :thumbsup: . That is what I am doing. If I ever sell the car (highly doubtful, but you never know) I can revert the entire thing back to stock if I want. As shown in the pictures above, I have EVERY stock piece in that room (except for exhaust and such which is in the garage) incase I want to put it all back.

THC

BONESTOCK

Established Member
Yeah I couldn't imagine selling my baby. I agreed to her terms, so that's it. haha...I'm so whipped. But if I did that she'd own me when I got the credit card statement. She'd double what I spent.

Slinger

Established Member
How comfy are theese seats? I want something that will grip me better but will still be nice for long trips? They look ****ing sweet :rockon:
Slinger

acrod

Established Member
That looks awesome man, definitely a good buy. I was actually thinking of getting some torinos also, with the factory look black and grey. I just don't know which one would look best, do you think the one with the black insert and grey on the side or grey insert with black on the side would look best? Oh and does it come with all the brackets and sliders or do you have to buy a kit?

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
Slinger said:
How comfy are theese seats? I want something that will grip me better but will still be nice for long trips? They look ****ing sweet :rockon:
Slinger

The seats are pretty comfortable overall, and I personally like them better than the stock seats. Pretty much every aftermarket seats I have sat in feel better than stock because they support you better and grab you easier. Now for some people they don't like the stifness and support that aftermarket seats provide, so don't base your decision to buy seats on me. I would personally go sit in a car that has some Sparco Torinos and then make the call from there.

They are good for long trips. As a matter of fact, I drove 2.5 hours up to Toledo and I was fine the whole time. Didn't even have to rotate cheeks! :thumbsup:

I would recommend them if you like support, but go sit in a pair before you buy them on my opinion only.

THC

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
acrod said:
That looks awesome man, definitely a good buy. I was actually thinking of getting some torinos also, with the factory look black and grey. I just don't know which one would look best, do you think the one with the black insert and grey on the side or grey insert with black on the side would look best? Oh and does it come with all the brackets and sliders or do you have to buy a kit?

I would say that would look the best because then it will SEMI match your rear seat, but it all depends what you want to do. I don't know if they would match perfectly, so I would find a pair and see them for yourself in person. I got some pretty good pictures from the buyer both in and out of sunlight so I got to see both spectrums of the color. Now if you really wanted to be cool and save weight (along with not being able to take pesky friends for rides) you could get a rear seat delete and then get a black pair of seats. That way. they would match almost perfectly, except for the black of the seats being a little bit darker then the dark charcoal interior.

As for the brackets and all, no, the seats do not come with all the necessary hardware to install them. To install the seats in a 99+ mustang you need the following:

1. 99+ Mustang Specific Seat Brackets (these bolt to the stock seat pattern on the floor)
2. Base Adapters (also called height adjusters, these go inbetween the sliders and the seat bracket in #1)
3. Sliders (these are universal and you bolt them to the base adapters listed above)
4. Seat Adapters (these are the things that bolt inbetween the sliders and the bottom of the seat itself)

You can see in the picture below me pointing everything out:

CopyofDSC00762.jpg

CopyofDSC00761.jpg

Here are the color definitions:

1. Everything within the Orange is the Seat Bracket
2. Everything within the Blue is the Base Adapters/Height Adjusters
3. Everything within the Pink is the Slider (including the handle)
4. Everything within the Green is the Seat Adapter

If you have any more questions then let me know.

THC

Last edited:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
how much weight did you lose from this? I am thinking of getting black sparcos and a rear seat delte for my car becuase these biatches are heavy!

Users who are viewing this thread