Yup, its Broke...

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Were buying the heads bare, and building them right, so im not too worried about em. I wasnt driving at the time, but i hope it won.

Are you buying 03/04 bare heads? I would love to buy new bare 03/04 heads but Ford only sells the heads complete.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
ahh the memories, my first L back in 2002

220DSC000891.gif

220DSC000871.gif

220DSC000582.gif

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Dont forget a nice Upgraded HV Oil Pump... I like my MMR unit, and for $200 its cheap insurance...

with the increased Compression you shouldnt need too much boost, i plan on a 9:1 block with 14-15#s MAX and then Spray a direct port 100 shot on top of that... should be fun on the track and still really streetable and mild as a DD...

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
pewter99_trans said:
Im curious man...how much will all the new mods and labor cost you when its all said and done?
We havent settled on exactly what parts were going to use yet, but ill let you know.

ToddAbbott said:
There is no way I'd start a rebuild with a block that had that kind of internal failure, new blocks can be had pretty reasonably.
Were getting a brand new 5.4L NVH block from Ford.

MMCustomworks said:
Are you buying 03/04 bare heads? I would love to buy new bare 03/04 heads but Ford only sells the heads complete.

My heads may be for sale soon, but theyll be complete. Theyll be cheaper than from Ford too. Im going to have Billy@MSX go through them, to make sure everything is good first.

bda1855 said:
Dont forget a nice Upgraded HV Oil Pump... I like my MMR unit, and for $200 its cheap insurance...

with the increased Compression you shouldnt need too much boost, i plan on a 9:1 block with 14-15#s MAX and then Spray a direct port 100 shot on top of that... should be fun on the track and still really streetable and mild as a DD...

I was thinking around 18-19#s on my race tune MAX. I want my truck to be nasty on only boost. Ill be definitly be upgrading my oil pump.

Last edited:

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
My heads may be for sale soon, but theyll be complete. Theyll be cheaper than from Ford too. Im going to have Billy@MSX go through them, to make sure everything is good first.

I'd like to be first inline for them if they don't have any damage.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
MMCustomworks said:
I'd like to be first inline for them if they don't have any damage.

Not a problem, if they check out well, then youll be the first to know.

BTW, i may have some other parts for sale soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread