WTF could this be now?

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
ok. impressions with the line off. car feels more powerful in the lower rpm's. feels more snappy like, smoother power.

now, i went to like 3k rpm's in first, then in second i let it go to 3300ish, gave it about half. started boosting for a split sec, cut out like it normally does, tried to keep pulling, then cut out again. all within a matter of like 1 second probably.

so overall, it does nothing for my issue. what in the hell could this be? :mj:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
88sc_gt said:
ok. impressions with the line off. car feels more powerful in the lower rpm's. feels more snappy like, smoother power.

now, i went to like 3k rpm's in first, then in second i let it go to 3300ish, gave it about half. started boosting for a split sec, cut out like it normally does, tried to keep pulling, then cut out again. all within a matter of like 1 second probably.

so overall, it does nothing for my issue. what in the hell could this be? :mj:

Darn it! Ok, it did run better and you said your fuel pressure is dropping. Could it be a clogged fuel filter or fuel pumps going out?? Where are the experts when we need them? :shrug:

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
well i spoke to a friend who is very knowledgable with these cars. he said its normal for the pressure to drop a bit. he said if i get into 2x range pressure then i should worry. i wasnt quite that low in my datalog. i went back and watched it.

so im totally confused.

only thing from here that might make sense. from the multiple empty line primes i did after swapping filters, it damaged the secondary pump? :shrug: whatever this is, it only occurs when the car trys to boost. i can take it up to 5 grand without boosting and nothing, second it trys to boost though, i get the symptoms.

88sc_gt

Cobra #4178
Established Member
went out and watched my datalog to make sure and make sure of some things.

no codes.

my fuel pressure dropped from 40 to 31 psi, not even near where i started to boost it. was around 2200 rpm's, and i didnt stomp on it until 3k+.

when i did go to boost, the fuel pressure stayed consistant, i watched the maf voltage change to know when it started boosting. anyway, pressure stayed solid at 40, maf voltage went to 4.5 and rpm's went from 3300ish to 4500.

car cuts out, and then the clutch went in. so, it must be my fuel pump? how can i check that to eliminate it as the problem? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread