Why asking so much?

Cobrajunkie

Established Member
I understand market value and what people are willing to play but damn, where are all the reasonably priced Cobras? People are asking 13.5-upwards of 16 K for bone stock 96 Cobras with 80-100K what gives? KBB on a 98 with 30k is 11...with all the options. I am willing to pay about KBB for a clean car but some people's asking price seems outrageous to me. What's your guys' take on that?

P.S. please don't flame claiming i am not willing to pay for a car...because i am in the market :read:

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
I payed $5,500 for mine at 111,000 miles and it had about $5K in parts already on it... if that helps at all...

harley56

Established Member
I agree. Thing is, I think a persone sees what everybody else is asking and that's what they then also ask. Funny thing is, they all still seem to be for sale. Seems 60-80K mile cars with nice, but not tons of mods should be bringing $9K and lower mileage, $10K+.

prowlnviper

Established Member
Are you looking at Ebay or are you looking local. I have found that locally I can find better deals on Cobras then Ebay. Also, when I say local I don't mean dealers, I am talking individuals selling the car. :)

Morningstar908

Established Member
Be patient, the good deals will present themselves if you are patient. There is no reason to pay over KBB unless it have a ton of bulletproof mods.

Cobrajunkie

Established Member
prowlnviper said:
Are you looking at Ebay or are you looking local. I have found that locally I can find better deals on Cobras then Ebay. Also, when I say local I don't mean dealers, I am talking individuals selling the car. :)
I was referring to on the boards here. Same story in Autotrader. And cobras are so rare here that there is no "market." So you can bet if i run across a decent miles decent modded 96-98 that is clean i will buy it up. White please :coolman:

JasonSnake

Established Member
want to buy mine? ;-)

edit: okay not sure if I want to sell it right now.

Last edited:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
KBB doesn't apply to limited-production cars IMO. I agree that $13K-16K is outrageous for a 80K mile SN95 Cobra, but I could see a 30K mile car selling for $13K-14K pretty easily. Hell, I was offered $14K on mine with 100K miles, but I have repainted it and replaced a ton of stuff inside and out. I shoulda sold it...but I didn't have the heart, I love her too much. I had it for sale for $11,800 and got a LOT of bites, but backed out on selling it then too. Anyways, for a run of the mill 96-98 Cobra with 80K miles, I wouldn't pay over $9K, but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread