• Chevrolet

Votes: 66 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

haz-matt

Established Member
Its all chevy around here. z71 around here is the best thing in the world to these guys. its got to be the most common truck aorund all with the same exhaust, just cats and/or glass packs they all sound the same. I dont even waste my energy to look up when I hear one.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
FORD...when I moved out to the sticks all I saw was mustangs, F-250's, and old ford muscle cars. Now that I'm closer to the city it's all BMW's, corvettes, Audi's, Range Rovers.

Edit: People smiled at my Cobra in the sticks....now they frown and yell at me to slow down when I'm only doing 15mph

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
The real question is ...

What the hell are they thinking when they are flogging the $#!T out of those big heavy ass 8ft tall chucks of steel.... trying to get me to run one with the Cobra???

WTF??? Spewing black smoke... HUGE lifted 3/4 ton 4x4s... acting like they want a race... or wanting props or something????

Hook the bitch up to a freaking trailer and pull a race car or something... then you got my PROPS!!!:rollseyes

I'm thinking maybe a lot of them have some "male issues" they are trying to compensate for.
Maybe not... could be wrong... but I can't see using that much IRON for a daily driver... unless they think they need it for some reason.:bored:

Regular 1/2 tons are plenty big enough for most towing and are not that bad at daily driver duties.

And you are an ignorant asshole...so who cares? You would be suprised to find out what some of those trucks will do. But hey, what would I know, I am just a "redneck" with "male issues."

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
^ You are right, there are plenty of daily driven diesel trucks out there running very fast 1/4 mile times. There are a bunch of 11 second diesel trucks on youtube, which is much faster than my Termi.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
And you are an ignorant asshole...so who cares?
It would seem you do there cupcake. Get your E dick stepped on???

You would be suprised to find out what some of those trucks will do.
They are running 10s all day down here in the 1/4 on over 100 pounds of boost and mucho weight loss... trailered in by another truck...LOL! I don't surprize that easily anymore.

But hey, what would I know,I am just a "redneck" with "male issues."

Apparently so...:bored:

BTW... They make a product for that I hear. Oh .. It ain't a truck.

Freaking get over it...:bored:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Well, since this thread may as well have been titled, "Hey truebluegt, what do you hicks out in frozen BFE drive?" I'll go ahead and answer. That answer is either a one-ton powerstroke (non dually) or (far more popular) the 4x4 cummins diesel. GM lost the hick-popularity war when they went with the IFS on their trucks. Real trucks have a goddamn solid front axle. Ride quality isn't of much concern when you're bouncing through a frozen pasture checking cattle in the middle of January ergo an independent front suspension is of no merit. And for you guys who think a dually is the baddest thing ever, wait till you bury that bastige & have to dig out the mud & shit that's packed itself in between the rear tires. And finally, Dodge basically wins because very few out here have managed to create a CEO-esque annual income so durability is paramount. We have 5 CTD's, 4 of which have 100 miles of gravel/pasture under their belt for every mile of pavement and they keep coming back for more. My '96 has 209K on it & never misses a beat. I have no intentions of ever letting that truck go.

There, a real answer from a real hick who lives in a county with no bmw's, only one stoplight, and a lot of real diesels (not candy ass pavement pounding pretty trucks).

Last edited:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Well, since this thread may as well have been titled, "Hey truebluegt, what do you hicks out in frozen BFE drive?" I'll go ahead and answer. That answer is either a one-ton powerstroke (non dually) or (far more popular) the 4x4 cummins diesel. GM lost the hick-popularity war when they went with the IFS on their trucks. Real trucks have a goddamn solid front axle. Ride quality isn't of much concern when you're bouncing through a frozen pasture checking cattle in the middle of January ergo an independent front suspension is of no merit. And for you guys who think a dually is the baddest thing ever, wait till you bury that bastige & have to dig out the mud & shit that's packed itself in between the rear tires. And finally, Dodge basically wins because very few out here have managed to create a CEO-esque annual income so durability is paramount. We have 5 CTD's, 4 of which have 100 miles of gravel/pasture under their belt for every mile of pavement and they keep coming back for more. My '96 has 209K on it & never misses a beat. I have no intentions of ever letting that truck go.

There, a real answer from a real hick who lives in a county with no bmw's, only one stoplight, and a lot of real diesels (not candy ass pavement pounding pretty trucks).

Haha great answer

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
It would seem you do there cupcake. Get your E dick stepped on???

They are running 10s all day down here in the 1/4 on over 100 pounds of boost and mucho weight loss... trailered in by another truck...LOL! I don't surprize that easily anymore.

Apparently so...:bored:

BTW... They make a product for that I hear. Oh .. It ain't a truck.

Freaking get over it...:bored:

You are the one throwing the bitch fit about trucks that want to race you. You don't seem to understand that a lot daily driven diesel trucks run in the low 12's and even 11's. In the last Hot Rod magazine challenge there were two diesel trucks bitching then new z06 vette, both, driven to and from the competition, both were work trucks, both had over 1000 rwhp, both would wreck your cobra. So shut you damn mouth about things you have no idea about. Have a nice day. By the way, my E Dick is intact, thanks for your concern.

Search

Established Member
Every redneck kid in West Tennessee drives a Z71. Then the Ford end up pullin them out of the mud. Every time.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Lots of people in the south say Chevy and GMC trucks were always known for going out on the town lol....yes ive heard it DOZENS of times and that fords were the work horses. All the redneck who wanna go fast around here usually mod the piss out of cummins powered rams with stacks and other gayness. Only problem is the dodges dont hold up...the engine outlast the rest of the truck. Of course lot of the really rednecks around here call GMC's the Gay mans chevy. Buuuuuut then again i live 4 miles away from the local summer hangout of KKK memebers and theres a KKK parade everyyear about 5 miles from where i work lol

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I live in KS now, have for 5 years. This is Ford country up here. However, before here I lived in Houston for 9 years and I will tell you for a FACT that city is tied up in a big ol' Chevy bow! Absolutely amazing when I look back on it...I had a VERY good friend that was a sales manager for a GMC/Pontiac dealership down there and he shared with me that close to 44% of their NATIONWIDE truck sales come from three states and Texas is at the top of that list.

The question is nationwide though and on that front I'd have to still say Chevy. I believe that Ford still outsells them but for TRUE "country"...goes to Chevy

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Ford has more F-series trucks on the market than all the others combined. So somewhere in there is the redneck with the 70's highboy with cherry bombs or glass packs with 40's lol.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
hmmmm tough choice. Of the two, I'd say authentic farmers/backwoods people - Ford. Image rednecks, suburban rednecks - Chevy, but Dodge even more.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I'm getting a kick out of all you people in the city debating what we out in the sticks are driving. I've already given you the answer...

greensvt21

retired truckie SFD!
Established Member
truckgun.jpg

nothing says country backwoods like a deerslayer hanging in your back window and a beat up ford pickup ;-).

Last edited:

SanityVII

Central southern US folks drive a chevy and the further out east or west you go it becomes Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread