What wheel width for my GT 18 inch TSW's

Which size for my TSW's?

• Total voters

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
I'm preparing to buy my TSW wheels on the mustang my current tires have only 4k miles on them they are the factory 18x8's

Should I buy the 18x8's which means I don't need new tires

OR

Should I buy the 18x9's which will be significantly more expensive?

The car will be 98% street and 2% strip and only once I get the blower on the car next year i'll get biggies and littles for the track.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
If you're getting track tires I'd go with stock size for the street. What D/S did you go with btw?

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
If you're getting track tires I'd go with stock size for the street. What D/S did you go with btw?

The Axle exhange D/S, it's what Tracy(racerat) told me to buy and what she's running in her boss with an unGodly amount of power so that's what I'm buying. UPS still has possesion of it but it will get installed next weekend. I couldn't afford the boss on my current income and as you know from knowing me from years back I don't auto-x so I'll throw a blower on the car next spring when the company bonus comes in.

Thanks Kat, now answer your IM's

Last edited:

5pnt0

Established Member
Anyone have pics of the 18x8's all around? I was thinking about that setup as well.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Spend the extra money. why not go 19" staggered? Why stick with an 18" wheel with the wheel wells being so big on these cars. Don't go cheap just to save money on tires which you will eventually replace anyways. Go with a 19x8.5/10 and run a 285+ on the back. The staggered look looks best on these cars track or not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread