What are your passive income gigs?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just had another one claimed with a deposit thanks to this thread. Thanks SVTP

Here’s a photo of one we currently have in our living room for anyone interested

View attachment 1839048
That's Cool! I've started making cutting boards for fun but have been giving them away. I sold a few but I need to at least get my money back in wood costs. After 3 months my drum sander came in and finally got to use it yesterday. I still have a lot to learn. Sadly, the better the cutting board is the less profit there is to be made. Finished this one the other day. This level is about 75 bucks and is cost wise where I would stay if I wanted to sell more "widgets". I wanna make better ones though, more to learn.

438078419_10161291117645928_2127412118387294322_n.jpg

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Mine's a side hustle, not passive income:

I set up weight distribution hitches for people with campers. Simple job, I have the tools, and I'm out two hours at the most. Price runs 200+, and usually ends up around 300-350 according to how much work I do.

You'd be surprised (or appalled) at the number of people who just bolt stuff together without a clue how it works. Half the time, I have to disassemble most of the hitch and then put it together correctly. Those will run in the 350 range.

Very specialized, and, and word of mouth advertising for the most part.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I kept my first house (bought for $100k in '08) and turned it into a rental back in 2015. I've had the same renters for 7 years that never give me any trouble, the only "active" part of this income is driving by the house once every 6 months or so to make sure it's still there. My tenants take care of all maintenance, anything over $100 gets deducted from that month's rent.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I kept my first house (bought for $100k in '08) and turned it into a rental back in 2015. I've had the same renters for 7 years that never give me any trouble, the only "active" part of this income is driving by the house once every 6 months or so to make sure it's still there. My tenants take care of all maintenance, anything over $100 gets deducted from that month's rent.

That's a pretty decent system.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
That's pretty good. I'll never forget the new landlord here told me he wasn't responsible for the central AC breaking when the tenants here have had on for ages.. I told him fine I'll replace the unit with the one I want and then when we leave I'll take it with me he got very quiet on the phone and it was fixed in 2 days. ****ing cheapskates

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
That's pretty good. I'll never forget the new landlord here told me he wasn't responsible for the central AC breaking when the tenants here have had on for ages.. I told him fine I'll replace the unit with the one I want and then when we leave I'll take it with me he got very quiet on the phone and it was fixed in 2 days. ****ing cheapskates
I value a good tenant more than squeezing every dime out of the house I can, haven't raised their rent since they moved in plus give them a few hundred off for Christmas. In return they take care of the house like it's their own.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Not passive but it’s definitely a side hustle. I own a home inspection business. Started it with my brother in law 5 years ago and it’s turned in to just me. He got out about 3 years ago. I try to do 2-3 inspections a month. It’s an extra $1500-2000 a month depending on the properties etc

-Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A car wash is the easiest.

I've been thinking about buying an older spray-it-yourself style one and fixing it up. There's not many of those left and car guys love them.

My aunt and uncle have over 700 storage units that they rent out at 3 different locations. They're always at 90%+ capacity. 75% of the units don't get opened more than once a year.

It's absolutely ridiculous to rent them. If it doesn't fit in your house, you DON'T NEED IT.

There's a property nearby that I've been eyeing to convert into collector car storage. We have a ton of Yankees and FL people moving here into condos and track homes without much garage space. I bet there's a market for securely storing bikes a cars for these people. Then there's all the ancillary services that go with it that you could job out and take a cut on...

Not passive but it’s definitely a side hustle. I own a home inspection business. Started it with my brother in law 5 years ago and it’s turned in to just me. He got out about 3 years ago. I try to do 2-3 inspections a month. It’s an extra $1500-2000 a month depending on the properties etc

-Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once spent $500 on a home inspection that ended up saving me about $150,000.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've been thinking about buying an older spray-it-yourself style one and fixing it up. There's not many of those left and car guys love them.

There's a property nearby that I've been eyeing to convert into collector car storage. We have a ton of Yankees and FL people moving here into condos and track homes without much garage space. I bet there's a market for securely storing bikes a cars for these people. Then there's all the ancillary services that go with it that you could job out and take a cut on...

Car storage is a huge booming business. There all over metro areas and 99% of people don't even know they're there (which is also part of the appeal).

01yellercobra

Established Member
The wife and I talk about buying a storage unit in the city we visit in Az. There's always boats and RV's that need to be stored out there.

VegasMichael

Established Member
@13COBRA

I'm just being a dick in re praising you. When you wrote:
"Car storage is a huge booming business. There all over metro areas and 99% of people don't even know they're there (which is also part of the appeal)."

There should have been they're.

By the way: What's this shit I'm hearing about the Chiefs and Royals leaving town? Legit or no?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA

I'm just being a dick in re praising you. When you wrote:
"Car storage is a huge booming business. There all over metro areas and 99% of people don't even know they're there (which is also part of the appeal)."

There should have been they're.

By the way: What's this shit I'm hearing about the Chiefs and Royals leaving town? Legit or no?

Oh I know, I saw it and laughed haha Idiot.

MG0h3

Established Member
I value a good tenant more than squeezing every dime out of the house I can, haven't raised their rent since they moved in plus give them a few hundred off for Christmas. In return they take care of the house like it's their own.

That’s how my last renters were. Great people. Treated the house like it was their own.

Mexican family from Mexicali but wanted their kids to go to school in the states.

When Covid shut the schools down, they decided to move back to MEX. I offered to sell them the house at a discount since there wouldn’t be a realtor but for whatever reason, they decided not to. Think I got about 45k more selling it on the market.

****ing thing has gone up another 100 since!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Me wife is about to start selling feet pics soon since she got laid off last month...losing a 6 figure income ****im stings when i dont make 6 figs

Im not far from a 100k but my wife was puttinf 35k on my check annually...so it stings

Dusten

Established Member
My aunt and uncle have over 700 storage units that they rent out at 3 different locations. They're always at 90%+ capacity. 75% of the units don't get opened more than once a year.

It's absolutely ridiculous to rent them. If it doesn't fit in your house, you DON'T NEED IT.

After my divorce I lost my 2400 sq foot shop. Most of my stuff was to valuable to get rid of. I rented storage for over 18 months until I had room.

Most don't need the storage. Some do

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I do side jobs tilling, rough cut mowing (basically clearing overgrowth) and gravel driveway restoration during the summer. This is my 6th year, grossed over 10k last year probably $8k was profit with most jobs $80-100/hour.
7f70958bbbd58b6bfaefe37414ec16b1.jpg
14bcb702acf9abf7d31030357ef80a3a.jpg
71ceda238bc333112b237c8f06659412.jpg
e5a939a66010f3321e37387b7ac7d934.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Come restore my gravel driveway. I’m tired of hearing, “just use a box grater on it.” Oh, really? I hadn't thought of that yet…

tom_tom

Established Member
Come restore my gravel driveway. I’m tired of hearing, “just use a box grater on it.” Oh, really? I hadn't thought of that yet…
Box blade is terrible, land plane with scarifiers is the way to go. There's probably 20,000 gravel driveways within 50 miles of where I live and nobody else does this besides me.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Box blade is terrible, land plane with scarifiers is the way to go. There's probably 20,000 gravel driveways within 50 miles of where I live and nobody else does this besides me.

My wife’s uncle brought something similar over last spring, but it didn’t have enough ass to tear into the hard pack. A couple craters that I’m filling every year are probably getting to be about 6+ Inches deep.

Users who are viewing this thread