Stock timing of 2.1 Kenne Bell kit?

Serfma

Established Member
So I'm trying to figure out WOT timing for my setup. 2.1 KB @6psi, realized tuner had me at 19* which I think is way too high for this application. Lowered it to 15-16* and wanted to ask the forums here what timing Kenne Bell has these kits stock, or even what similar guys run?

Only thing non-stock on my setup is injectors and long tubes, no EGR, so I'm pretty close to stock. lol Dunno if my butt dyno feels less power compared to 19*, or if I'm used to it. IATs were around 120-140 during pull. Going to be slapping an intercooler on it hopefully in a month or so.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
15-16 is probably close. This goes without saying but I would have a tuner tune it. 19 seems way too high for pump gas on a stock engine.

Serfma

Established Member
15-16 is probably close. This goes without saying but I would have a tuner tune it. 19 seems way too high for pump gas on a stock engine.

The best part is that it was a tuner :p Never heard any pinging on dyno especially, seen 19*, went oh shit and dialed it back down. Either placebo or it actually has more power with being at 15-16*. He thought it wasn't getting into boost but boost gauge showing a good 5-6psi. Wanted to check just to make sure with others. I don't believe timing is being pulled with increase in IATs either.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
FWIW I’m at 23* on 91 pump with 50/50 water alky on 9.1 compression built motor. I’d say 15-16* is where you would expect on a stock motor 6-8 psi

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
So I'm trying to figure out WOT timing for my setup. 2.1 KB @6psi, realized tuner had me at 19* which I think is way too high for this application. Lowered it to 15-16* and wanted to ask the forums here what timing Kenne Bell has these kits stock, or even what similar guys run?

Only thing non-stock on my setup is injectors and long tubes, no EGR, so I'm pretty close to stock. lol Dunno if my butt dyno feels less power compared to 19*, or if I'm used to it. IATs were around 120-140 during pull. Going to be slapping an intercooler on it hopefully in a month or so.

Run a water alky set up one nozzle pre rotor and one post rotor under the lower manifold no need for an intercooler

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I’m definitely pushing the limits of the in intercooler kb I’m running the original 1.5l kb I modified the inlet and added a bypass running14psi 550rwhp on pump gas with a snow performance water alcohol injection system 50/50 distilled water and 100percent isopropyl alcohol

Serfma

Established Member
Ahhh I was thinking of about 10psi tops and running a custom made intercooler from mlackke, especially because I think I will be building a forged shortblock with B heads with the cooler setup. I never really thought of running an IC + water injection to be honest either until now lol

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
That custom intercooler is pretty sweet I definitely thought about making one but running the 2 nozzles has dropped my IA2 over 120 degrees that along with the bypass made a huge difference my car is mainly a strip build not a daily driver so I actually don’t need the intercooler heat soak is not a problem with just a 1/4 mile pass especially with that much water alcohol spraying. Now if it was my daily driver street car I’d definitely want an intercooler to help with heat soak

01yellercobra

Established Member
He might have also had it set that high planning on the high IAT's pulling some out. You should log commanded and actual timing. It'll be interesting to see how different they are.

Users who are viewing this thread