springs

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
i am looking into getting some new springs for the cobra. i don't want it to be to low b/c its my daily driver and i have to go over speed bumps and what not. so i was wondering what you guys think would work the best. i have been looking at the H&R sport springs but don't know if it would sit to low where i would scrap a lot. thanks for any help.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
If you only want a touch lower just cut the stock springs.
I was a little hesitant at first but it worked out.
I cut 1/2 a coil Dia. in front and 3/4 of a coil Dia in the rear.
That sets the car more level and lowered it just a tad in the front and just over an inch in the rear.
Just got my car back From MD down there in Cinci.
Three hour drive from Toledo and the car never felt better.

JP

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I have a set of Steeda springs you may be interested in. Front only comes down about an inch MAYBE an 1.75". The rear came down about .75". I don't scrape on much and if I do its my driver's side bassani x pipe. It hangs way low and scuffs up the cat. I'm not worried about it, but I'm looking to go lower. H&R sports are goin' on soon.

PM me if you're interested, I'll send you some pics and more info.

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
Is your goal looks or performance? The H&R Race springs with MM isolators barely drop any at all from the stock ride height, but they are much firmer.

04Venom

Established Member
I am having Steedas put on soon at Paul's Automotive Engineering. I didn't want too much drop for the same reason as you and the Steedas seem to have a good reputation for improving the handling.

NickFL

New Whipple *****!!
Established Member
Pics...

04Venom said:
I am having Steedas put on soon at Paul's Automotive Engineering. I didn't want too much drop for the same reason as you and the Steedas seem to have a good reputation for improving the handling.

Do you have any pictures of the Steeda springs. My car is in right now getting Steeda springs anongst other things. I would like to see some pics as the car will not be done for about 7 more days.

Users who are viewing this thread