Slow progress on my SVO

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
So i got a 84 SVO back in June and I thought I would have it running by November. Yeah, then I found out how much work was actually needed. Anyways, although progress has been slow, a lot has been accomplished and today i'm installing a replacement power steering pump and the down pipe. I'll post pics if that later but for now here are pics of the current progress. Let me know what you guys think
Before:

After:

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Looking good!I love those things.Did you have to do any engine work?

I was going to on the original engine, but I got a good deal on another engine with low miles that was complete. all i had to do was swap upper/lower manifold, throttle, turbo, alternator, and a few other things. If i didnt get this engine i wouldn't be were i am today with the progress.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What a difference so far, great work. :pepper: Can't wait to see it down the line.

Always wanted a SVO for a project car, something about them is so appealing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Coming along very nicely. I well remember those SVOs. Back in the day they were just not appreciated (package wise) for what they were. Nice to see them being restored. When do you hope to finish your project?

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Coming along very nicely. I well remember those SVOs. Back in the day they were just not appreciated (package wise) for what they were. Nice to see them being restored. When do you hope to finish your project?
if all goes well, either the end of this month or early march
What DP did you get?

well it's got the stock down pipe, but today i ran into trouble trying to fit the long exhaust piece that has the cat on it.
this is the piece im talking about: Catco 4129 - Catco Direct Fit Catalytic Converters - summitracing.com
It looks like it should fit but i can't get the pieces to align where it attaches to the DP. almost like it doesn't fit or it is the wrong part. any suggestions??

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
if all goes well, either the end of this month or early march

well it's got the stock down pipe, but today i ran into trouble trying to fit the long exhaust piece that has the cat on it.
this is the piece im talking about: Catco 4129 - Catco Direct Fit Catalytic Converters - summitracing.com
It looks like it should fit but i can't get the pieces to align where it attaches to the DP. almost like it doesn't fit or it is the wrong part. any suggestions??

That DP sucked bro. did you take any pics today? :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread