Predictions on 5 new SVTs

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
What are your predictions on SVTs five new cars?
Cobra(obviously) for the sports car.
Sport Trac(obviously) for the truck.
AWD turbo Focus as sports compact car.
Escape for the SUV.
and Fusion for the sedan.
Lets hear um!

bchisom99

Established Member
I would say explorer or excursion for the SUV, not that its gonna hold a torch, but chevy is coming out w/ a Trailblazer SS, w/ the 6.0ltr, 5.3 maybe...

I wouldn't mind seeing a Fusion SVT so I wouldn't have to put so many miles on the snake....

PoisonSnake

Banned
So the Sport Trac is taking the place of the Lightning?

That would be cool to have a Turbocharged Focus in competition with the SRT-4, EVO8 and STi.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Cobra might not count if its going to be a shelby.
SVT Sport Trac
SVT Focus
SVT Fusion
Though I doubt it-SVT Lightning

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
hopefully the Lightning will come later on and id definetly buy an AWD turbocharged Focus

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
Not that I want Ford to take any cues from GM, but what about the Falcon XR-6 turbo, and XR-8 sedans from Australia. I6 turbo or V8 power, respectively, in a 4 door, RWD sedan. Just a thought.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Why not the Ranger for the truck? It'ed have a hell of alot better power to weight for a truck than anything else they could use.

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
LocoGT said:
If they make that & price it comparable to say the SRT4 or Cobalt SS I might have to buy that instead of an STi as long as it handles VERY well

The Focus isn't a bad handler. I saw an issue of Evo (European mag) that was testing a bunch of sports cars and they used a Focus for baseline testing. The Focus actually beat one of the Mercs in the slalom.

Big 8

Established Member
IEatGt's said:
Not that I want Frod to take any cues from GM, but what about the Falcon XR-6 turbo, and XR-8 sedans from Australia. I6 turbo or V8 power, respectively, in a 4 door, RWD sedan. Just a thought.

Agree maybe not the whole car but that I6 turbo in the Five hundred dressed up! with AWD and the full SVT treatment?? Problem is they come in decked at thirty? SVT add another five???? It would be an intresting endevor? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread