Performance Installers / Dealers

smkstang1

Established Member
Hi, this is my first post.

I just recently aquired a 99 Cobra Vert (White/Black/Black).

I am going to be very cautious about this stang (3rd one).

I wanted to know if anyone knows good shops, performance places where they do / have experience with Cobras. I dont want to take it to some shop and have them practice on my car. I am looking for opinions from you guys that have been getting work done on your SVTs and can recommend a decent shop with decent prices close by.

I live in Brooklyn, NY.

The 2 places that I have found are:

POWER SURGE PERFORMANCE
15 Shagwong Drive
Soundbeach, New York 11789
Phone: (631) 821-3622

&

AUTOMOTIVE EFFECT
81 Garden Street
Westbury, New York 11590
Phone: (516)334-0633

Can someone please comment.

Best regards,
Nick

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
The greatest shop is your own garage. That way, if you mess anything up you know what it is and that you did it. All the basic stuff you can easily do yourself.

smkstang1

Established Member
BreBar21 said:
The greatest shop is your own garage. That way, if you mess anything up you know what it is and that you did it. All the basic stuff you can easily do yourself.

Yeah it is nice to have your own garage, but here in New York its not that easy is to have a garage to work in of your own. People live one on top of the other here. I think the only thing I will be able to put on myself is the CAI or something as easy as that around the top of the engine bay. I dont know what else I can do without a garage and jacks. :shrug:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
smkstang1 said:
Yeah it is nice to have your own garage, but here in New York its not that easy is to have a garage to work in of your own. People live one on top of the other here. I think the only thing I will be able to put on myself is the CAI or something as easy as that around the top of the engine bay. I dont know what else I can do without a garage and jacks. :shrug:

Ahhhhhhhh...I didn't pay attention to your location. New York is crazy. I know what you are talking about. :beer:

smkstang1

Established Member
BreBar21 said:
Ahhhhhhhh...I didn't pay attention to your location. New York is crazy. I know what you are talking about. :beer:

Yeah, it is crazy... Sometimes I end up wasting 1 1/2 hours looking for a spot around my house.

But thats just life. I sooooo wish I had a closed in garage where I can work on the Cobra and take my time with it... Till that day I have to pay for mod work.

:beer:

smkstang1

Established Member
Can someone please suggest a performance shop...? Long Island, Brooklyn,.... New Jersey... etc.

I want to get Pulleys, Gears, & a Tune (Chip).... Can someone please help?

I am looking for a shop that someone can vouch for... that they know what they are doing when they touch my Cobra...

Thank you very much...

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread