New Oz Falcon

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
Hi All,

So the new Oz Falcon has been launched. So far there are only a few articles available about it as they were written before the official launch to coincide with production deadlines. Hopefully in the next couple of months we'll have full blown testing and better pics, etc.

In the mean time, THE hot feature of the new models is the last hurrah for the 4.0L inline six, especially with the turbo. Ford have given up on the V8 being the drawcard, merely keeping it so they can compete with the other guys. It would also be a tad ironic for Ford to compete in a V8 racecar series without a V8 in the lineup.

Performance of the Turbo six has been up there with some of the best so far.

0-100kph (62.5mph) 5.2sec
0-400m (1/4 mile) 13.3sec

Tests were conducted 2 up in the car with 1/2 a tank of gas. The red hot version will be released later in the year (FPV) and I think their aiming for the quarter to be cut at 12.XX out of the factory door.

Here's the official pic and spec for the XR6: http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Cont...93&pagename=FOA/DFYPage/Default1024&c=DFYPage

Unfortunately the poor old XR8 is still on the wrong side of 14 seconds for the 1/4, despite now having another 500rpm on board to play with. Have read 3 articles so far and it got bagged in all 3. The I6 got the praise.

What get's me is that they have had access to the Cobra motor but refused to use it (probably because of it being 4.6L so considered inferior) and now could access the GT500 motor but still turn their noses up.

What gives?? :shrug: Why have a boosted I6 and call it amazing but not go for a s/c V8 and really shake out the cobwebs?? All I can hope for is the 40th anniversary of the legendary GTHO is coming (2011) - maybe then we'll see a real V8 motor :)

Oz

BronzeGod

Banned
Falcon XR8

RRP from $45,490*

Prestige colour shown - (RRP $400)

290kW/520Nm 'Boss 290' 5.4L 4V V8 engine with 6-speed manual transmission

Bonnet power bulge

Limited slip differential

Upgraded front brakes

:eek:

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
The 4.0L engine is certainly showing what it's made of in Turbo guise but sadly it's all over bar the shouting for the motor. Ford announced earlier this year that the plant where they make it (including the foundry) will close in 2010. The new Falcon due in 2011 will have an imported Duratec V6 from the USA, and possibly a diesel from the Jaguar line up.

There is some light on the horizon for local guys who want the 5.4 to perform...

Clicky ---> http://www.yellaterra.com.au/support/library.cfm and scroll down to New Ford 5.4 Boss Supercharger Kit!!

Don't fall over when you read the price of the kit but :fart: Nothing is cheap Down Under !

Oz

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The 4.0L engine is certainly showing what it's made of in Turbo guise but sadly it's all over bar the shouting for the motor. Ford announced earlier this year that the plant where they make it (including the foundry) will close in 2010. The new Falcon due in 2011 will have an imported Duratec V6 from the USA, and possibly a diesel from the Jaguar line up.

There is some light on the horizon for local guys who want the 5.4 to perform...

Clicky ---> http://www.yellaterra.com.au/support/library.cfm and scroll down to New Ford 5.4 Boss Supercharger Kit!!

Don't fall over when you read the price of the kit but :fart: Nothing is cheap Down Under !

Oz

Don't worry man, I think they are just working on bringing production to the states.:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread