My gto at watkins glen [vid]

EZRIDN

Established Member
Thats awesome. I have never participated in a DE on a track with walls. Did you think about those walls ever? All the ones I have done have been at airports..in fact doing one this weekend.

How did the goat do as far as tire wear. Since it is rather heavy...just wondering if it tore the tires up, and which ones were you driving on? Also...how did the brakes do? You have 13 inch from the factory right? what pads?

Thanks ahead of time! I love GTOs!

ripnroar46

Established Member
I started cracking up when I saw the Monte Carlo out there, my mom had one and that thing sucked ass! FWD heavy as hell and no power, there is nothing racing about that car, its just a cruiser. Anyways, great GTO you have there sounds awsome and did well around the track, i'd love to be able to do that someday just like you did with somebody to give you tips the whole way!

PHiL2

596whp/553wtq @6 psi
Established Member
EZRIDN said:
Thats awesome. I have never participated in a DE on a track with walls. Did you think about those walls ever? All the ones I have done have been at airports..in fact doing one this weekend.

How did the goat do as far as tire wear. Since it is rather heavy...just wondering if it tore the tires up, and which ones were you driving on? Also...how did the brakes do? You have 13 inch from the factory right? what pads?

Thanks ahead of time! I love GTOs!

The falken tires did fine...they liked to squeal alot though. I have 14icnh baer brakes and they were incredible.

EZRIDN

Established Member
PHiL2 said:
The falken tires did fine...they liked to squeal alot though. I have 14icnh baer brakes and they were incredible.

Thats awesome....I like it when tires squeal so you can know the limit...i am a novice road course driver myself.

Did the walls freak you out?

Sorry for all the questions. Do you have stock suspension? How does the car feel? What were the instructors comments?

Last edited:

PHiL2

596whp/553wtq @6 psi
Established Member
EZRIDN said:
Thats awesome....I like it when tires squeal so you can know the limit...i am a novice road course driver myself.

Did the walls freak you out?

Sorry for all the questions. Do you have stock suspension? How does the car feel? What were the instructors comments?

walls didnt bother me at all...never thought about them. I was extremely impressed with the gto on a stock suspension with just 19inch wheels it handled incredibly

blownstang01

Established Member
Good Video. I have one of mine that I made from Watkins, it's big though. Where can I host a 135 mb video ? Anyone know ?

EZRIDN

Established Member
PHiL2 said:
walls didnt bother me at all...never thought about them. I was extremely impressed with the gto on a stock suspension with just 19inch wheels it handled incredibly

Great to hear! 19s! :eek:

Maybe i will look into some falkins...i need a tire that communicates with squealing.

Users who are viewing this thread