More pics!!!

Undertow

Established Member
They look flippin sweet. I thought they were dropping the Cobra name from it though.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Ehhh, it's alright. Old cobras still look much better/meaner IMO. They have that whole front end messed up. It looks more goofy than it does mean and muscular. The regular GT looks better.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Ehhh, it's alright. Old cobras still look much better/meaner IMO. They have that whole front end messed up. It looks more goofy than it does mean and muscular. The regular GT looks better.
Don't get me wrong, I like the Viper, but, Those have a pretty big and goofy front end on them also.

Just look at the pic in your sig.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Don't get me wrong, I like the Viper, but, Those have a pretty big and goofy front end on them also.

Just look at the pic in your sig.

Thats with a fish-eye lens, so it will look really round. They wanted it to look like a snake head.

With the viper design they were trying to make something completely different, but with this car they are trying to make it WAY too retro, while adding on all these weird shapes and design touches that just make it look bad. Like the huge side mirrors, monster front end, tacky hood, etc. It just doesn't flow to me. Atleast the GT has some clean lines and has tastefully blended retro with modern.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion and I can accept that :)

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Like i said, I like the Viper. I just thought it odd you were dogging styling similar to your (very sweet) Viper. Trust me, I have considered Viper many times. I would just have to buy used. I want a new car this time.

That front end is styled after the '68 Shelby front end. I can't post pics, but, I'll try to find you a link.

The hood, I don't think it is too bad. I think will look mean when we see it in real life. The main reason for the hood design is function. IT is needed to burp air from under the hood. The Mustang GTs have trouble with that at higher speeds.

'68 Shelby

edit: link.

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
Hood

I may be wrong but it appears the hood scoops blend better into the hood than the yellow and green mules....Did they calm it down a bit?

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
You'd be surprised what missing a front splitter does to the 'looks' of the car... that's a big piece to be missing... these are mules... they're not out there trying to get 'oos... and ahhs'... they're trying to see how everything reacts and works...

The more I see it... the more I like it... I don't know that it will come as low as the White one.. but I like it's stance!

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
just think, if everyone liked these as is there wouldn't be all those aftermarket parts to change them up. just think of all the different hoods already on the way! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

SlowSVT

Established Member
The front end of the GT500 looks awful. Ford should have made the front end more sleek and modern looking rather then taking styling cues from a 40 year old car with a grill bigger then a 57 Desoto. Please, no more photos :xpl:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i like the open grill. i would rather have the fog lights in the center on top instead on the corners. ford did mess up the hood. the concept hood was good but i think something simalar to the gt350 hood with working intake would have been sweet.

by far the best looking svt mustang was the 96-98. ford nailed that design. :rockon:

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

GTSpartan said:
You're out of your mind, this car rocks :beer: , its the best looking mustang cobra I'v ever seen, and it doesn't need 10 cylinders to get 500HP like your lame Viper does. Comparing this car to any previous generation Mustang Cobra is a joke, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

The GT500 is the next ultimate american musclecar :pepper: , and with almost 500 stock HP it's gonna dominate almost every other car on the road.

In MM&FF'S they had a small picture of a blue GT500 with white stripes, the car looked meaner than ever. This car is gonna crush all previous generation Cobras. and I can't wait to own one :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread