Lojack

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Looking for some opinions here. I searched the forum and only two folks had mentioned lojack. One for and one against. The dealer offered it to me for $595. Any opinions would be most welcome.
Cheers,:beer:
Pete

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I wanted to get lojack but the dealer quoted me at.... $5000. If someone wants my car that badly, that's why I pay insurance. :mj:

Weasel

Established Member
I'm having Lojack installed on my Cobra which should arrive any day now. I guess it depends on the risk area you travel/park. I live in the northeast in a state that, at least used to be, a leader in stolen cars.

Weasel

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
I thought about it but am not getting it. If someone steals my car I don't think I want it back. A few years ago someone stole my father's 500SL (late 60's model). They found it less than 5 miles away with a destroyed clutch. Would prob. rather get a new one than get back that one. "Drive it like you stole it" is funny, but only until someone really steals it and drives it that way.

Evilcartman

Established Member
I'm looking into getting Lojack but I'm not paying the dealer markup. I'm going to deal with Lojack themselves, I hope. Since the car has PATS, that makes it hard to steal, minus a tow truck or replacing the PCM on the scene of the crime. So I would worry mostly about being car jacked. Once this happens, you can call the police and they will have the car found within minutes, most of the time. The extra money is worth catching the scum bag at least. Plus, the faster you get the car back, the less time they have to damage it. And if they find it sitting somewhere the next day, damaged, it is still yours. No one listens to alarms anymore. I did have an Autopage on my last car and that was worthless. Best bet to protect your baby is to get a Concealed handgun license like I did, if your state offers it. My Glock is the best anti theft device I found:)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Evilcartman
...snip...

Best bet to protect your baby is to get a Concealed handgun license like I did, if your state offers it. My Glock is the best anti theft device I found:)

CCW and G19 here.

fd9adea3.jpg

Last edited:

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Thanks guys - I think I'll research the best price and go ahead and get it installed. Appreciate the opinions.
Cheers,
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread