Last minute thrash before Carlisle AFN

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
As always, I wait til the last minute to work on my car before driving it out to the Carlisle All Ford Nationals which are coming up in 3 days. The car got pretty neglected during my very long manual swap so I've slowly been working at trying to tidy things up.

Currently I have to finish the following
- Flush/Refill trans with Amsoil
- Oil change
- Adjust ride height again

Here are some of the things I've added to my car to mix it up for this year ( I hear 3 turbo marauders are coming this year, 2 of them twin turbo, gotta stand out somehow)

Ridetech HQ front coilovers / rear adj shocks

I still have to play with the height on this, the car measured 27" from the ground to the top of the wheel well before with my previous lowering coils. I had raised these coils 4 full turns but after it settled the car is at 26 1/2". Still need to find another 1/2"

DSC_9004-X3.jpg

DSC_9012-X3.jpg

DSC_9017-X3.jpg

I have the car sitting on winter wheels while I await Detroit Wheel to finish doing the PVD chrome on the normal ones. 2 were widened by weldcraft

I also decided to finally fix another issue that was bothering me. One of my coil cover bolt holes got stripped out years ago because the powdercoater didn't cover them. The guy who originally tuned my car had used hardware store metric bolts to hold the cover on, I finally fixed it properly with a timesert kit and got these coil cover's I've been wanting for a while. My stock polished ones had seen better days during my manual swap.

DSC_9112-X3.jpg

DSC_9110-X3.jpg

DSC_9113-X3.jpg

Next on the list was replacing my factory pitted fog lights with new Morimoto LED fogs. For some reason, Lightwerkz now sells adapters to fit these to a Marauder, so I decided to try it out and see if that was actually true.

DSC_9016-X3.jpg

DSC_9020-X3.jpg

20180527_184250-X3.jpg

The last thing I did tonight was install a very rare prototype part that shouldn't even exist anymore. Some of you may remember me talking about the Marauder S55 prototype that I believe was at SEMA in 2002. The car had a totally different interior from the standard car and one thing that changed was the gauge cluster. The cluster managed to show up for sale on the marauder forum a while back posted by a guy who worked on the emissions side of the marauder team. I PM'd him and quickly bought it while people were still fighting over it in the FS thread. I had always loved the S55 prototype in high school so I'm very excited to have a piece of it in my car.

DSC_9114-X3.jpg

DSC_9122-X3.jpg

One thing that confused the hell out of me and I'm sure very few people outside of Ford knew about this, but the gauge faces have no green filter so it lit up amber. I have a feeling auto meter actually made these faces (as it says on the face) and auto meter gauges normally use bulb condoms to change the color.

20180529_000156-X3.jpg

I had to throw some green LED's in there to make it semi-normal looking again, I may experiment with putting LED strips in places to make the light more uniform and brighter, as well as bring the red back where it belongs.

DSC_9123-X3.jpg

I'll update the thread as days go by and the "to-do" list gets crossed off. I'm sure I ultimately won't get everything I want finished in time but I'll be satisfied if I make it there/back with no issues.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice work as always. Really like the Marauder’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Looking good man. Let me know how the coil overs ride on the trip. I like the cluster swap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking good. I like the new gauges. I've always admired your Marauder. Hope you enjoying Carlisle.

xchamp

Established Member
Saw your car yesterday, car looked good. Didn't see anyone around though!!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Wow didn't see this thread got so many replies. Thanks everyone, I'll have a Carlisle photo thread up in a bit

Nice work! Do you need to change out your OEM timing cover to run an Eaton?

I was able to use the eaton swap brackets without swapping the timing cover. I believe the cover is just about the same as a mach 1, I know for a fact it is not the same as an aviator.

Saw your car yesterday, car looked good. Didn't see anyone around though!!

Yeah I was roaming around the showfield, I have more things I'd like to clean up on the car but since my class was so small this year I still left with second again.

Users who are viewing this thread