GT500 Prices: Post em in here!

1time

Established Member
Bob Howard Ford has a white coupe w/blue stripes on the floor the sticker was 45k.I ask the salesman how much and some other salesman yelled in a rude manner "It's sold! 65k". The salesman i was talking ask if I would be interested in the other 3 they were getting in,I told him not above sticker and that I know they will come down as did my 03 cobra he agreed and stated he get me a good deal when production is up and hype dies a bit. the whole time he was talking to me he was leaning all over that presold 65k car :)

Grenade

Banned
ON D BIT said:
my brother went down and saw it in person. he said it was the ugliest color he has ever seen. he thought the striping clashed with the orange. white or black stripe would have been better.

also said one of the stripes is already starting to peel. i would offer msrp only if the dealer clearcoated the stripes. :lol:
Are you talking about the grabber "orange", that looks alot like the color of urine? It is not easy on the eyes.

Xjman1

Established Member
65mph_Roll said:
I went to our local Ford dealer and they want 40K extra on top of sticker; I couldn’t see the sticker because the car was behind plastic chains.

I asked if I could take a closer look, and they said they preferred that we didn’t cross the chains. I informed the salesman that I have an ‘04 Cobra, and he informed me that “this isn’t a Cobra, it’s a Shelby 500 GT”.

He wasn’t too happy when I laughed out loud about the +40K.

Anyway, nice car with presence, and the Cobra emblem is huge, 50% larger than the 03/04, despite it not being a Cobra……………..

Sounds like the Oxnard dealer. I laughed my arse off too. I do not beleive they qualify for X plan, :shrug:

crzgrksnake

Established Member
this is ridiculous

So i was at the dealership looking around today and i went in the show room. I saw a white gt500 for the first time and it looked pretty nice. Well i was just circuling around it and i see the price. 109,995. Is that ridiculous or what. Its a 65,000 dollar mark up. I dunno about you guys but Z06 sounds much better than a 110,000 dollar gt500. This dealership is in Roseville,CA and i recommend nodody ever go there cause the mark up, up the ass.

SVT4ME

Established Member
I may have just bought my last Ford. Between the dealer markups and the chitty quality am getting real tired of there overall crap. Never mind that they can't remember the customer and their blind loyalty to the mighty $$$$$$. Am waiting for the Challenger. My wife’s got a dodge Grand Caravan ES and everything about it rocks. Take it in to the dealer and they treat you right. Sorry just venting. 03/04 tick, trans vibe, stall and a bad paint job ruin it for me.

crzgrksnake

Established Member
Doesnt matter, a 65 thousand dollar markup is ridiculous.. The markup is 23 thousand more than the retail value.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
crzgrksnake said:
Doesnt matter, a 65 thousand dollar markup is ridiculous.. The markup is 23 thousand more than the retail value.

I'm sure Zalec's post was directed at SVT4ME's post and not yours?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

01PonyGT

Slow1 GT
Established Member
The Madness Continues!! Boycott!!

Well, the first Shelby has hit Oahu soil over at Mckenna Ford. Dealer markup is at 29,999. All together they are asking $75,000. This same dealership sold a Ford GT for $250,000. Im sure they'll be holding on to that shelby for a long time. For 75g's ill go get me a Z06. This same dealership had 03 Cobra verts that only recently sold 6 or so months ago. Still had 45 on the sticker. BOYCOTT!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread