Carbon Fiber wheel (new design)

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
I remember the marketing manager for BBS that i work with telling me they tried this and it failed... badly.....
But if it works that would be great.

MachSpeed

Established Member
stang99svt said:
I remember the marketing manager for BBS that i work with telling me they tried this and it failed... badly.....
But if it works that would be great.
many companies have......I guess somebody had to get it right :rockon:

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
So Mach, what do you say about sending me a free set of wheels to put on my car and a nice big logo so I can advertise for you? eh? eh? You know you want to.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
man that looks baddass.

how resistant is the carbon fiber to potholes and flats? I would LOVE a set, but I'm worried that if I get a flat or hit something, it'll crack and I'll be out some big bucks

edit.. I would think Runflats would be a good idea in this case.. sure it adds a bit of weight but not nearly as much as you are saving with the carbon fiber wheel.

Last edited:

blown88gt

Established Member
I guess it would depend on how it looked in person and not a computer image but I like them both.

If you got the carbon fiber in black would it lok more like a black wheel than a carbon fiber wheel? Just curious

MachSpeed

Established Member
Serpentor said:
man that looks baddass.

how resistant is the carbon fiber to potholes and flats? I would LOVE a set, but I'm worried that if I get a flat or hit something, it'll crack and I'll be out some big bucks

edit.. I would think Runflats would be a good idea in this case.. sure it adds a bit of weight but not nearly as much as you are saving with the carbon fiber wheel.
you could drive on this rim and it would last longer then your current wheel.....you can curb it and it will have less damage then your wheel....and if you run the run flat tires you are hurting the performance of your car.....those things are so HEAVY

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
I'm going to be racing my Lightning over here on the west coast. Wanna hook me up with a sponsorship? :-D I'd be glad to drive a logo-covered truck and prove to all these people on here that it's a long-lasting, tough product.

Beautiful wheels. Like I said, when the money is right - hopefully soon - I'll be buying a set.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Serpentor said:
man that looks baddass.

They have a one year warranty - if you're going to crack them, you'll do it within a year - that is, if they're more likely to crack than any other rim...
Runflats aren't that great, they aren't so much a weight thing as they are requiring bigger sidewalls or something like that (the new M5, for example, has no run flats, if you get a flat you have a can of tire seal...)

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Not being as cheap as I am! ;-)

CCW's are the top of my price range right now?!?!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

:thumbsup: you can't go wrong with those wheels....

Users who are viewing this thread